Converting other games into Dune

nemafakei

I am currently trying to make mods for games like Tiberian Sun, to make them Dune. Ideas are wanted; has anyone got any?

Don't include obvious units like Deviator, Sonics, Devestator... I'm looking for different ideas to the ones in DII / D2000 / Emperor, which I can do myself.

Worms are the obvious - I'm working on it, but it's very difficult.

You could play Dune; that's a good idea, but someday, WW and others will get bored of making Dune games... and I wouldn't mind some variety in the gameplay styles given by a new Dune game. And it's fun.

They were ExAtreides' idea...

The jihad unit would have a moderately good general weapon, but does very good damage vs. the Light armour type (for example, in TS) - which would be reserved for cyborgs, mechs, and all things against the great convention. The unit would make up for this in cost, I think. But I'm guessing; there could well be a better combination of good or bad points.

Settle down riper thats what I ment.  ::) shesh. were all friends here no reason to fight.

another idea. perhaps some kind of close range infantry armed with a knife or blade of some sorts. good aginst infantry at close range but has no long range weapons. and since it only has a knife it wont be able to damage tanks.