Youtube, Google et al in the service of the Big Brother

TOPIC TITLE WILL BE ADJUSTED TO CURRENT 'REVELATIONS'.

(Original Title:

Samsung & Deutsche Telekom in the service of the Big Brother )

---

The Black List:

Apple

Deutsche Telekom

Google

Youtube

---

Consumer be cautious:

Samsung installs keylogger on its laptop computers

Why are there keyloggers on Samsung laptops?

-

It’s Tracking Your Every Move and You May Not Even Know

Slashot discussion thinks that it might just be some random guy somewhere installed it (before end user got it). I'd guess a viral (marketing) attack against samsung.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/03/30/2148244/Samsung-Plants-Keyloggers-On-Laptops

I'd wait a day or so before throwing samsung laptop out the window. If paranoid, just install linux distro.

Also the only guy who reported it works for University of Pheonix Business section. Although I don't see how he could engineer a viral (marketing) attack, since Samsung would sue him into oblivion for false statements.

EDIT:

laptop keylogger is fake.

http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/3/31/samsung-denies-installing-keyloggers-laptops/

http://www.samsungtomorrow.com/1071

Let's hope it is not a cover up. It is very odd though that a detection program marks a folder as suspicious simply because of its name. Actually not odd but ridiculous. So if indeed it is a false positive the lesson to draw is to **** all those antivirus crap that make your computer crawl without reason and use Linux.

Still, the most serious issue with cellphones remains.

Many anti-virus around are fake and follow similar tactics. Anyway even mainstream anti-virus are questionable: Try to hack/modify a system executable, then make it available online and tell me after if isn't recognized as a virus a few days later even though it is completely harmless...

Someone on Thursday somehow got antimalware (?) running on their win7 machine, and they had microsoft security essentials running (it didn't mention anything when I looked at its logs, so maybe they just saw it in a web browser and don't know that it is fake window). Luckily it didn't do any damage, and I couldn't find much bad stuff running:

malwarebytes

clamwin

MSE

spybot S&D

Seems impossible to keep people on windows from installing malware. A couple clicks and infected. sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

iPhone, iPad, Android devices (and only god knows what other garbage devices) in the service of the world dictatorship:

It’s not just the iPhone, Android stores your location data too

iPhone tracks users' movements

https://github.com/packetlss/android-locdump

cache.cell

$ ./parse.py cache.cell

db version: 1

total: 41

key accuracy conf. latitude longitude time

240:5:15:983885 1186 75 57.704031 11.910801 04/11/11 20:03:14 +0200

240:5:15:983882 883 75 57.706322 11.911692 04/13/11 01:41:29 +0200

[colour=#005FFF]I know I'm going to regret asking this, but how exactly does a feature of both the iPhone and Android OS (that users agree to when using the services) that was discovered last year constitute as "service of the world dictatorship"? What do you even mean by that term?

I'm really beginning to dislike this place.[/colour]

They gather that info to increase user experience. They are not doing it for the governments (except for blackberry+UAE etc), it is more for advertisers so phone companies can make money by being able to target demographics better.

And control 'consumers' more easily.

Who guarantees where that info will end? Repeatedly major companies have been exposed for sharing sensitive info with intelligence services.

Phones tracking you, tablets tracking you, cameras watching you,

I'm really beginning to dislike this place.

• 2 weeks later...

Youtube demands your phone number (so they can have access to your real name) and country even to register and watch specific videos.

Despite the nonsense they claim about spamming it is clear that secret services behind this and are going to use that information to track you down.

Anyway it is direct censorship.

Use other services to upload your videos.

• 4 weeks later...

His masters voice = government? The people elected the government. Don't like it vote for someone else. Maybe youtube is abiding by local country laws. I know for Canadian election if I uploaded video results before it was allowed to youtube the gov could tell youtube to shut off the video.

I watched about half of video skimming through it (don't waste your time!). Seemed kinda pointless.

So this what you have to have to comment on (even though I agree it is pointless to watch it till the end)?

Flawed reasoning again.

Which laws to abide?rolleyes.gif

We are not talking about whom to vote here we are talking about CENSORSHIP. And I can be sure that nobody announced in their political program (except the fascists I suppose) that they were going to CENSOR your videos on youtube once they are elected. NOBODY would vote for them. But that is another issue for which you could open a topic in PRP section.

To summarize: The GB government called YOUTUBE and 'threatened' them to CENSOR the video.

The lesson: **** youtube and use another service to upload your videos.

Why so harsh?

Check for yourself how many videos are CENSORED there. Yes CENSORED! Even though they may use as an excuse 'Copyright infringements' and other b******t!

So this what you have to have to comment on (even though I agree it is pointless to watch it till the end)?

Flawed reasoning again.

Which laws to abide?rolleyes.gif

We are not talking about whom to vote here we are talking about CENSORSHIP. And I can be sure that nobody announced in their political program (except the fascists I suppose) that they were going to CENSOR your videos on youtube once they are elected. NOBODY would vote for them. But that is another issue for which you could open a topic in PRP section.

To summarize: The GB government called YOUTUBE and 'threatened' them to CENSOR the video.

The lesson: **** youtube and use another service to upload your videos.

Why so harsh?

Check for yourself how many videos are CENSORED there. Yes CENSORED! Even though they may use as an excuse 'Copyright infringements' and other b******t!

No company is willing to face legal action to watch a pointless video. If you need uncensored video you need some other way to access it, like tpb.

Yes, it definitely looks like YouTube is just another player in Google's arsenal. Google, being a public company, like every other major corporation, has a vested interest in seeing it 'get long' with governments. This censoring of this video is just another example.

Putting 'keyloggers' on phones and computers is a serious breach of privacy. It's very sad and epidemic of the growing power of the corporations of the Economic World.

Yes, it definitely looks like YouTube is just another player in Google's arsenal. Google, being a public company, like every other major corporation, has a vested interest in seeing it 'get long' with governments. This censoring of this video is just another example.

Putting 'keyloggers' on phones and computers is a serious breach of privacy. It's very sad and epidemic of the growing power of the corporations of the Economic World.

This is not youtube "getting along", this is youtube complying with the goverment. If youtube did not comply, there would either be legal trouble, or the site would be blocked by the country. Neither would benefit youtube in the least, so quit acting like google had a choice.

China is famous for CENSORING every different voice. Did they protest recently? CENSORSHIP is still there. Anyway, they might have got bored...

Bored of what? They are a company, not a person. And obviously there is still censorship, you will not get rid of it without changing the government.

There is no point in google going against the government. When they stopped filtering search results in china, they were blocked in china. No one wins when they oppose the government.