The Origin of Sexual Reproduction

• 2 weeks later...

Because I'm waiting for someone to explain it to me. I've looked it up extensively over the past year, and come to one conclusion: No one has a good explanation for it.

Really? So now you're an expert, a professional biologist, that you can determine what is or is not a "good" explanation in Biology? If you've done all this "extensive" research, why not start a new thread and post a summary of your understanding of the current explanations (=theories) and critique them (explain why you deem them "no ... good")?

I mean, you should be well-informed enough now, after all your study, to realize that the origins of sexual reproduction and the origin of Life itself are separate topics.

What does it matter? Your mind is already made up, so why should anyone waste their time suggesting books to you?

But no, I don't know of anything specifically on the evolution of sexual reproduction. Dante would be the one to ask, but I imagine you'd be lucky to get the time of day out of him now. LOL.

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them, and God said, "Go forth upon the earth and make fruit salad!" And God saw that it was Mmmm mmmm GOOD!

Edit: By the way... what happened to the OP of this thread? Did she get called home to Jayzuss?

[colour=#005FFF]Eras, whatever credibility you had as a poster has long since evaporated under the baleful heat that is the combined gaze of sensible PRP denizens. You have proven that you are unable or unwilling to listen to logic, instead sticking to your wholly offensive views, which I'm not about to dignify by repeating here. You have lied and slurred, annoyed and angered, confounded and then lied some more.

I'm unsure whether or not this will qualify as a post that is mostly dedicated to berating you, nor am I sure if I'll get an Invisible Warning Pip for it. But the bottom line is this: from now on, I am simply going to state facts when it comes to replying to your special brand of posting, because I have no respect for you or your opinions. I am not going to back up my statements unless they haven't already been backed up in previous, more heated conversations, or aren't readily available via a quick Google search. Your entire ethos of hate, hidden behind the veil of religion and a passive-aggressive "reasonable" manner, is entirely abhorrent to me.

With this in mind: Start Here. Come back with specific points that you believe are wrong, with justified reasons as to why they're wrong. Until then, you're wrong. Good day.[/colour]

Eras, whatever credibility you had as a poster has long since evaporated under the baleful heat that is the combined gaze of sensible PRP denizens. You have proven that you are unable or unwilling to listen to logic, instead sticking to your wholly offensive views, which I'm not about to dignify by repeating here. You have lied and slurred, annoyed and angered, confounded and then lied some more.

I'm unsure whether or not this will qualify as a post that is mostly dedicated to berating you, nor am I sure if I'll get an Invisible Warning Pip for it. But the bottom line is this: from now on, I am simply going to state facts when it comes to replying to your special brand of posting, because I have no respect for you or your opinions. I am not going to back up my statements unless they haven't already been backed up in previous, more heated conversations, or aren't readily available via a quick Google search. Your entire ethos of hate, hidden behind the veil of religion and a passive-aggressive "reasonable" manner, is entirely abhorrent to me.

With this in mind: Start Here. Come back with specific points that you believe are wrong, with justified reasons as to why they're wrong. Until then, you're wrong. Good day.

Dragoon, I have never lied to you - EVER. I have no hatred for anyone at all. Don't know what you are speaking of. There are a lot of new, old, and diverse viewpoints here in the Forum, which is great. I take no offense at your post, you have not wished me ill will, nor called me a name. So I would hope that you are not reprimanded.

I did click on your link, which took me to Google search; and found that most of the blue-underlined texts were already read by me, and were purple. After reading some of the diatribes talking about the subject, I have come to the conclusion that most have come to. The evolution of sexual reproduction is not easily explainable by Evolution. I hope that you and I, and others, can continue to dialog in the future.

I'm afraid no one can help you until you specify what you find unconvincing about existing theories regarding the evolution of sexual reproduction, and why. Simply stating that you find them unconvincing does nothing to advance the conversation, and strikes me very much like trolling behavior--given your knowledge of this thread's history.

I agree, the thread should have been split. However, I stand by my point that we need more information from the OP before we can have any substantive discussion. It would be like starting a thread on "The Existence of the Metaphysical" and just saying that you aren't convinced by existence of God proofs. Well... great. Which ones? Why aren't you convinced? What would you need to be convinced?

Or not and jack up our post counts! No, but I think that you're right, and given that he's been responding to other threads and not this one, there are only a few possible futures for this thread: (1) he was just trolling, was called out by you/others, and isn't going to respond, or (2) he's going to great lengths to "research" this topic and is going to blitz our kriegs with some sort of treatise. Oh, how I do hope for the latter.

There isn't much out there. So how can there be a treatise? I was really hoping that there was a scientist recently who has taken the 'plunge', and tried to explain it.

After all, The Theory is being taught exclusively in the schools of The West to our children. But no one can explain how species came to be able to reproduce?

Blah blah blah. Again I'm not seeing ANY specifics or objections to specific points, just some hand-waving as a prelude to some soapboxing blah blah blah.

Come on, you claim to have read LOTS of things above. "Oh, Dragoon, I have followed your link, and there is no new thing under the sun!"

Boring troll is boring.

Easy you. Not trolling at all. If I'm against a particular point of view, and I am; I would like to know everything there is to know about a subject. As I travel my journey against Evolution, I have bounded up against the Evolution of Sexual Reproduction.

I have come to the conclusion, as probably you and others have come to; that because it is so hard to explain, or 'hard to observe', or whatever -- that the topic is avoided.

I have come to the conclusion, as probably you and others have come to; that because it is so hard to explain, or 'hard to observe', or whatever -- that the topic is avoided.

I have come to no conclusion whatsoever, other than one regarding your lack of any capacity for honest discussion. You're just posturing and I am beginning to doubt that you have done any reading in this area at all. (If you have, then make a simple list—just a few words even—of the proposed origins for sexual reproduction that ARE out there.)

You have a truly defective conception of how scientists decide to allocate their time and resources.

Boring troll is increasingly boring. (Easy yourself in your own ear.)

I find it sad that you try to ascribe to me aspects of my personality that do not exist, such as trolling.

But anyway,

Did you know that there are over:

a. 750 published journals about the fossil record and Evolution?

b. 1200 published journals about biological natural selection and Evolution?

c. 500 published documents about astronomy and the Evolution of Universe?

Why the silence?

There are none that I can find about the beginnings of Sexual Evolution.

Huh?

Are you talking about JOURNALS or journal ARTICLES?

What, you want a journal dedicated to the origin and evolution of sexual reproduction?

Oh, WTF. THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU FOR.

NOW: make a list of the things you've read. You claimed you've read LOTS AND LOTS of things. So list ten things you've read.

You're bullshitting. And obfuscating. You're looking more and more to be LYING.

That is TROLLING.

Living up to your name again, eh? Look, I've said it twice already in this thread: you need to tell us what you find unconvincing about evolutionary explanations for sexual reproduction, not the other way around. We're not going to go do work, educate ourselves, share our findings, just so you can disagree with us out of a desperate need to validate your irrational beliefs fueled by pure ignornace. If you've got a legitimate point: f****** make it. See what I did to Christianity just now? Like that. If not, then I echo Chigger's concerns, and would add in terms of support the fact that we all know you know that this has been a wildfire thread and that you are otherwise engaging in just that firestarting behavior.