Ultimate Atreides Rush (with some subhouses)

IxianMace

Here's the rush that I always can't seem to beat. The other Atreides player gets lots of Minotauruses, and Air Drones. Any ornithopters that I send to destroy the rush are blown apart by the Air Drones, and the Mino rush eventually reaches my base and starts to wear me down. He also gets Advanced Carryalls and keeps on delivering his Minos to my front door. To make matters worse  ::) he even had lots of NAIB tanks and Fedaykin to attack my harvesters. I was stuck with no money, and a large attack force waiting just outside my base.

Does anyone have an effective counter for the Minotaurus, NAIB Tank, Fedaykin, and Air Drone rush? (They all come at the same time by the way  :O)

I would say worms, definitaly... But projecting NIAB as counter for NIAB's is good and also projecting mino's. Put the (real) mino's on the cliff that way you have a big advantage of the height. It's really a big difference. I beated a mino-rush with a half less of mino's at mine. And building turrets just when they are on the cliffs is also a nice option... Otherwise, don't let it come thus far and destroy the enemy before it can do this...

Beating worms depends on which house you are playing as.

Atreides: Keep Kindjal and Snipers on infantry rock around your spice fields if possible. Otherwise, lots of Minotauruses and Mongooses aren't bad. If you spot the worm early, you can use ornithopers on them as well. Sonic tanks are also a good choice, however if the first blast doesn't send the worm back down... :O

Harkonnen: ADP DEFINITELY works against the worm, and it might even score some chevrons in the process. 8)

Otherwise, flame tanks work quite well (use them in pairs).

Ordos: Lots of chemical troopers (this is dangerous though), otherwise you could tease the worm with dust scouts and laser tanks, until you finally wear it down.

Fremen: Fremen warriors and fedaykin aren't bad against worms either, but you have to have at least 5 (of any) to send the worm back down quickly.

One thing I've noticed is that it generally doesn't matter how powerful the shot is, it's how many times you hit the worm that counts.

e.g. 5 snipers could be more effective than 1 Devastator.

That would be nice, if the projections didn't disappear when they got touched by an enemy unit... ::) Don't forget he has Fedaykin and NAIB tanks. The Fedaykin shoot/touch the projection, and the NAIB tanks shoot them before they shoot their gas missile.

try useing Kindjal to keep the NIBA out. and call worms also try Projections of Deviators. and other units. but look out for the snipers.

someone tryed to do that to me one time. but i shot them on the way to my base with some laser tanks  8)

and did an apc rush     ;)

Struck by lightning? Noo, I usually do EVERYTHING in my power to stop someone from using Chaos Lightning on me. I go completely spastic, and attack with brutal force when a serious threat appears. That seems like the only way to counter it with any effectiveness now.

you can try doing a ordos rush. his base while his Mino Hoarde is on its way to your base.

while thats happening.you can get a factory at your partners base.<enless he has been reading the tips at

http://www.songwave.com/dune/index.htm or its a 2 vs 2 game.  :)

anyway had any luck with it lately? did you try some of the stuff posted here ???