HyperPatch for Dune2k - Development Topic

CCHyper

• 2 weeks later...

If with the Great MAker you mean Real Life, then I guess you could be right :P

Personally, I'm too busy with school projects to contact him now. Any chat I start with him inevitably leads to C&C95 hacking, and I don't have time for that now -_-

If with the Great MAker you mean Real Life, then I guess you could be right :P

Personally, I'm too busy with school projects to contact him now. Any chat I start with him inevitably leads to C&C95 hacking, and I don't have time for that now -_-

I respect that, so I send him a PM myself.

Let's hope he responds and perhaps he also has good news.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

So i came here after a while and, well,... I see that, at the moment, the only person on the entire internet who could make this game run in higher resolution is too busy and this whole patch thing is on hold. Am a little confused though,... from the above - is there already a way to run dune 2000 in 1024x768 or is it something TS Hyper was planning to do, but has not yet been done, because of him being soo busy lately? I see there is something like a patch for download in the first post here, but that thing cannot be downloaded anymore. So whats the status on this? Ive read the whole thread, but still dont know if running dune 2000 in higher res was possible with that version of patch posted here? Anyone bringing in some enlightement? thx

So i came here after a while and, well,... I see that, at the moment, the only person on the entire internet who could make this game run in higher resolution is too busy and this whole patch thing is on hold. Am a little confused though,... from the above - is there already a way to run dune 2000 in 1024x768 or is it something TS Hyper was planning to do, but has not yet been done, because of him being soo busy lately? I see there is something like a patch for download in the first post here, but that thing cannot be downloaded anymore. So whats the status on this? Ive read the whole thread, but still dont know if running dune 2000 in higher res was possible with that version of patch posted here? Anyone bringing in some enlightement? thx

The patch you could download made a log file with info for the hacker/TS Hyper. It contained info about what commands are called/used so he could track them. The higher resolution screenshot is something that only TS Hyper got working on his own PC, no patch you can download.

I hope he comes back and works more on it, the images looked promising.

It seems that TSHyper also wanted to add more:

XAHTEP, any chance you could drop me a personal message if and when you see this post of mine?

I would like to talk some more regarding your patch and helping you out a little. ;)

Cheers,

CCHyper.

from: http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=21074.0;topicseen

TCP/IP LAN games, awesome! If only TSHyper got time again to work on it...  :'(  :)

he's been more active on other boards lately, but it seems he's struggling with the refresh problems in hi-res RA1. They seem sort of similar to the problems seen in the Dune 2k screenshots he posted here, so if/when he fixes it, his findings from RA1 might prove useful for Dune 2k.