Pollution causes:- cars and factories or "WAR"....!!??

Our mother earth is geeting busted by creatures known as "Humans", when you were a little child you must have read your books saying traffic congestion factories or dumping of waste causes pollution but have you ever realised in todays world the main cause of pollution and the sudden change in temprature is war and solely just war.... The amount of carbon realesed by a bomb is 10 times more powerful then that of a factory! Why do we say that war causes pollution and then we fight why do people say that war is gonna put end to there enemies and they r gonna live safely then it is all junk as afetr u may have defeated ur enemies u will face the disaster of nature what r ur oppininons ....

War is not measured per day or per month etc... a war could continue over a century so bringing its fury with it and well I dont say cars and factories have nothing to do with pollution but you know there is always a battle taking place somewhere in the world... :'( it is a sad fact each day a bomb is hitting some where each day billions of people dying and all this stuff so thsis is a really sad fact dont you agree!

Words cant describe the stats.....you will see it when you will be a victim of it just like me!

I have been a victim, it was january 21 2007 I was on vacation ..... It was a hill resort near kashmir a beautiful place though and there all of a sudden 2 indian soldiers have been reported to blast a mini missile in the region of mountain and I heard the noise alright it was loud and the bombs were blasted 37km away from me but the smoke came here within 10minutes and the amount of suffocation was hidious so this was just an example of how pollution is caused with even a stupid bomb beaing exploded.... It has been my experience.... :'(

I think he wanted numbers

ZING!  :) (I begin to like thee more.)

Words cant describe the stats.....you will see it when you will be a victim of it just like me!

Oh, dear...tragic drama queen as well? (Still, I'd love to hear Penelope Cruz breathily pouting out that last bit, you know? "Ju will esee it when ju will....")

I have been a victim, it was january 21 2007 I was on vacation ..... It was a hill resort near kashmir a beautiful place though and there all of a sudden 2 indian soldiers have been reported to blast a mini missile in the region of mountain and I heard the noise alright it was loud and the bombs were blasted 37km away from me but the smoke came here within 10minutes and the amount of suffocation was hidious so this was just an example of how pollution is caused with even a stupid bomb beaing exploded.... It has been my experience.... :'(

Huh...imagine that...I've always wondered where Pakistanis vacation. Kashmir, eh? Hmmm. Anyway...that's terrible. Don't you just hate it when you go to all the trouble and expense of getting to a conflict zone, just looking to get away from it all for a while, and the locals decide to get all stroppy and violent? That really just...burns me up.

Anyway...it can't have been much of a vacation to be ruined, though, what with the bad weather and all, right?

I mean, the wind alone must have been horrendous, no? It must have been all you could do just to hang on to something! 222 km/hr winds...that must have been a record. (Odd...I don't remember hearing about it on the news, but never mind!)

It's amazing that under such conditions a rescue unit could get to you and resuscitate you in time. How many minutes were you dead? From the suffocation, I mean. :O

I wasnt dead lol it was hard t breath although the plants since that day never grew and it was under guarde upto 35km with pk soldiers so my life was still safe.

Well, obviously. D'uh.

What, you've been back there, to know that the plants don't grow there anymore? I thought this was at a vacation resort in Kashmir. Your story is starting to sound more and more suss, you know. Were you like this before inhaling that "smoke" carried on 200+ kph winds? ;)

Hey he could be a university student than lives away from home and came back home during the summer vacation.

At 16? Ah, wonderful, yet another child prodigy! :)

He never said anything about the resort.

Ahem:

...it was january 21 2007 I was on vacation ..... <b>It was a hill resort near kashmir</b> a beautiful place....

You were saying?

SAND, your threads get funnier and funnier as I read them...

Yes, we get fighting nearly every day somewhere in the world, but only a small fraction of that violence would be bomb-related.

Sure, a bomb might, and I emphasize might, produce 10 times as much carbon as a factory does in a day - I think that's what you're trying to say - but, although in war thousands of bombs would be used, I doubt very much that the carbon produced by weapons such as bombs would equal, or surpass the carbon produced of factories in a heavily industrialised country over a year.

War is not measured per day or per month etc... a war could continue over a century

That is true, but I doubt that on every single day of the said war there would be people fighting. A war is not just one continuous battle. There might be small skirmishes some days and no fighting at all the rest of the time.

As SandChigger mentioned before, two hundred and twenty two kilometers an hour? The smoke from the bomb would have been blown away from your position just as fast as it arrived... That is, if the wind didn't suddenly 'stop blowing' once the smoke had reached you.

Man, that wind must've wanted you to suffer, or something. I'll have to watch out for malicious winds when I'm travelling...

This story has got to be the worst fan-fiction for LOC Kargil ever...

Beonid, I fear you're taking SAND's anecdote as the sum total of the argument.

I don't have the research to hand (I'll keep looking), but war is a major contributor to environmental destruction.

Consider first that tanks, aircraft, and ships are not exactly the most energy efficient of vehicles. Think how much fighting a war means just in transporting troops and big crates of ammunition around, now remember the carbon cost of producing all these vehicles, aircraft, ships, ammuinition, the carbon cost of maintaining armies and equipment to fight these wars. Never mind the destruction it causes - the carbon cost of rebuilding, the smoke and the bombs.

All true but...what argument again?

Our mother earth is geeting busted by creatures known as "Humans", when you were a little child you must have read your books saying traffic congestion factories or dumping of waste causes pollution but have you ever realised in todays world <b>the main cause of pollution and the sudden change in temprature is war and solely just war....</b>

I think maybe you're seeing more of an "argument" there than was...there. ;)

This story has got to be the worst fan-fiction for LOC Kargil ever...

Oh...I am thinking that I will be wanting that to see!  :O