Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

Dunenewt

I installed soldier of fortune the other day just messing around with this new monitor. Man the level of details from a bullet hit are still awesome for that game.  Too bad you can't throw a knife in BF2 like SoF.I haven't played Wolfenstein in a few years though...love that game as well.

I actually found an updated version, 2.60, that solved my initial problems (old version of glibc).

Fileplanet location

Here's more mirrors for the full client (2.60):

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/faq/download_enemyterritory.html

A couple things: chmod +x etfile (or right-click properties, permissions tab, and click run as exec); and if you're on a 64-bit version, try using 'linux32' before the file name.

Have you patched it to the latest version?  I used to get an openGL error until I patched it.

If I post a server on here, would anyone be interested in playing on it, all at the same time?

In about a fortnight I'll be on, the latest linux patch didn't work so unfortunately no playing at uni.

I gave it a try once because some of my friends played it regularly. I didn't like it though... I played the single player game (Return To Castle Wolfenstein) again recently and was a bit surprised about the bad graphics (it was state of the art upon its release back then) and how easy the game was. I remember having quite some difficulties back then but it was like a walk in the park now, even on the hardest mode.

Anyway, though I like this game I didn't like ET and still don't. So I won't join you guys (guess I just could have said nothing but I felt like writing some comments *g*)