Most under-rated games ever

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

has anyone played system shock 2? is it good?

Yes it is VERY good. In the past 2 months I've beaten it about 6 times.

If you have played Bioshock it is the exact same gameplay. But different story/graphics since it was made in 1998.

Bioshock has the same developers that made SS2.

And you can get a couple mods for SS2 which dramatically improve the graphics. also a patch to fix bugs with the game.

Very fun to play. definitely get it.

EDIT:

SS2 game link.

RCW = Return to Castle Wolfenstein

oh, Thanks.

Yes it is VERY good. In the past 2 months I've beaten it about 6 times.

If you have played Bioshock it is the exact same gameplay. But different story/graphics since it was made in 1998.

Bioshock has the same developers that made SS2.

And you can get a couple mods for SS2 which dramatically improve the graphics. also a patch to fix bugs with the game.

Very fun to play. definitely get it.

EDIT:

SS2 game link.

Is System Shock 2 horribly gruesome/violent/disgustingly gorish?

If you have played Bioshock it is the exact same gameplay.

No.  The gameplay in Bioshock is much more action-oriented.  There's almost no RPG elements whatsoever.  System Shock is by far the superior game in my opinion, but Bioshock is still very good.  But we can't forget about System Shock 1, either.  A classic, to be sure.

Some other underrated games:

-Dreamweb, definately!

-Sanitarium

-Planescape: Torment

-Harlan Ellison's I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream.

More recently, the Penumbra Series (Overture, and the recent;y released conclusion, Black Plague).

Anyone plat Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain?

It is a kick ass galactic conquest game. Fully realtime. You colonize planets in star systems, upgrade the facilities on the planets (easily 50 or more upgrades for colonies). You also build orbital defense structures to defend planet (minefield, ship launcher, battlestation, missile defence).

You have a choice of 6 ship chassis. Scout, transport, destroyer, cruiser, battleship, and carrier. There are literally at least 100 different weapons and stuff you can put on the ships. You can fully customize the ships, or let it auto decide what is best.

You can customize which species you want to use (I've only used humans since they are balanced).

It is also very hard. There is difficulty from 1-5. I have only beat it once (level one, and because my starting position was awesome), and twice ended up in a stalemate where neither side could win. I played for about 5 hours in just 3 star systems (25 in total, although you can add lots more), not able to keep a hold on the planets. the embarrassing part is that the enemy were only building destroyers, while I could build all ships. But those battleships and carriers are expensive! They kept outnumbering me with ships. I would have 6 big ships, and they would have 12 destroyers. Usually a stalemate. Although I was fighting two AI at once.

Hmm, Imperium Galactica and Pax Imperia were both released in 1997.

Will see what Imperium Galactica is like.

Both are available at home of the underdogs.

EDIT:

I tried Imperium Galactica and it looks hard to manage. Pax Imperia seems easier to play, while allowing you to customize everything.

I also needed dosbox to play Imperium Galactica. Pax Imperia plays fine on XP.

Try Pax Imperia Here

I thank you both for trying the suggestion and giving me one. :). It is rare that anyone ever listens to me (in real life anyway). Though the suggestion I gave this time wasn't the strongest:

''Sounds very similar to Imperium Galactica, though it sounds better. I found Imperium Galactica FAR to simplistic to be fun''

:D.

Well, can't really download with my cap as it is, but I can take a look at the game and maybe try to find it in a bargain bin somewhere.

No.  The gameplay in Bioshock is much more action-oriented.  There's almost no RPG elements whatsoever.  System Shock is by far the superior game in my opinion, but Bioshock is still very good.  But we can't forget about System Shock 1, either.  A classic, to be sure.

Can you use psy abilities in System shock 1? I'm all about psychic stuff.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock

There is none. I presume you have played SS2? Did you like it?

Unfortunatly no, but I've seen my brother(s) play the demo and I've "researched" it a lot, whenever I go to a PC game shop I look to see If they have it.

While you're waiting for a game shop to get it, you can try http://www.the-underdogs.info/

Once you do get it there are is a patch and a couple mods that greatly increase stability and graphics. Let us know :)

EDIT:

is a video promo. What is the thing in the pic?? I never saw it before. Is it from some sort of mod?

ss2promopt1.th.png

EDIT:

Hmm system shock 1 portable. Looks inetresting. A game made in 1994 that is 100mb unpacked? sweet.

are you asking what powers are available, or which ones we recommend you get when playing?

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/pc/sysshock2/psi.shtml

Has a full list with explanations. Also good website for SS2 info (weapons, abilities etc).

I normally use:

Tier 1

Psychogenic Agility - increases player stats for long time

Psychogenic Cyber Affinity - makes hacking easier

Projected Cryokinesis - given if you choose OSA character

Tier 2

Adrenaline Overproduction - essential if you plan on hand to hand combat often

Cerebro-stimulated Regeneration - great way to get health

Psychogenic Strength - increases character stats for long time.

Tier 3

Psionic Hypnogenesis - freeze enemy players.

Tier 4

Photonic Redirection - great for hiding. Extremely useful for one part of the game.

Psychogenic Endurance - increases stats for long time

Cerebro-energetic Extension- great if you do hand to hand combat

Tier 5

Imposed Neural Restructuring - great way to get enemies to fight each other. (very similar to rage in bioshock)

Metacreative Barrier - good for a couple parts of the game to keep enemies away

Psycho-reflective Aura - Protects you from 60% of all combat damage. Need I say more?