An introduction of sorts...

Xyrvyre

I'm not sure whether this is right place for it, but since the coming and going thread is locked, I thought I may as well post here. Oh well, here goes...

I'm Xyrvyre, and am from New Zealand. My brother introduced me to the Dune series, games, and this site. I think he still lurks around here, posting occasionally. Last time he told me his name on this site was Beonid.

Hey. :) The forum, is, ah, I guess, going through a quiet phase, but in any case, there will always be someone around to debate with you about the existence of God, or argue whether Atreides or Harkonnen are better than the other, or just generally chat about something.

Welcome. :)

Hi, I'm new too and I'll also post my introduction here.

My name is Lars and I'm from the Netherlands. I joined because I like the game Dune 2000 and found some nice mods for it here. I'm currently building a fan website that just looks like Dune 2000 and it's going to be almost released (beta). I hope to get some good crits about it from this forum to improve it. :) The website is also about the mod 'Clash of the Landsraad' and maybe some day I will try to improve the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Guess this is the place to post for newcomers.

Some of you might have noticed that I like to frequent the PRP board.  Hope I haven't offended anybody already (here's lookin' at you Nema ;)) or made too big a fool of myself.  You can probably guess I'm from the US.  I am a classical music enthusiast, so if any of you share the same sentiments I love talking about music ;D

Websites like that really make me feel like home. I can't really put my finger on a top classic Rock song, but it's definitely not Stairway To Heaven for me. Anyway, off-topic...

I'm quite excited at seeing some new faces around here. More and more people are being exposed to Dune... more and more of them consuming the spice... :D

I like rock too.  I like some classic rock.  My favorite of all time that I've been exposed to is "Little Wing" written by Hendrix, but performed by Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Awesome awesome guitar solo.  Besides classical I listen to a lot of the indie/folk stuff.  ie Damien Rice, Simon/Garfunkel, Paul McCartney's acoustic stuff (beatles acoustic stuff).

anyways, 'nuff about my taste in music.  I actually "officialy" created my account December of 2006.  I posted a couple times then...I don't remember what happened.  My first post was on the PRP topic  "Faith: what's the big deal?".  I remember Egeides replying and maybe acriku too.  I think I found the sight actually through google.  I don't remember what I was searching for, either Dune related things or perhaps even religious topics.  Probably the former.  I remember being intrigued in the conversation taking place and decided to comment (which requires an account).  A year or so later and hello here I am again.  :D