Leeds United

alchemi2

English Football League.

for those that want more in depth info.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Welcome

Leeds Utd dropped from The Premiership to the Championship league and last year to League one.

The club has had many financial problems over the last few years, the legacy of bad management and ridiculous pay deals.

Ken Bates took the opportunity of relegation, to go into liquidation (-10 points penalty but was end of season and so didn't effect Leeds position) and then re-buy the club and write off debts.

Many thought this doggy but hoped for the best.

The FA was unhappy with this manipulation of the system and claimed a technical breach of procedure had occurred, so imposed a -15 point penalty on Leeds at the start of the new season.

Now after 13 games without a loss Leeds have managed to claw their way to 6th place on the table.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/results/default.stm

We fans are hoping to top the table and gain promotion back into the championship league this year and achieve financial stability again before making a drive back to the premiership were we belong.

• 3 months later...

Ever since this thread, Leeds have been doing awful...its a shame!  We are currently 1-1 with Notts Forest, and its just about to end.

I think Gary Mac really should start playing some wingers, such as Da Costa or Sorsa, to create more chances for the strikers, because from what I hear, that's what we need.  I live right down south now, so haven't been to Leeds game in a long time, but might try and go to one before the end of the season.