Anti-Piracy

Andrew

MediaDefender Denial of Service attack on legitimate torrent site

They are still in business, uploading lots of fake illegal content, and still denial of service lots of servers which is a federal offence.

I hope the FBI which is currently investigating send them to jail, but I doubt it since MediaDefender works with the government and large corporations.

If I DoS a server I go to jail. But when a corporation paid by massive corporations and government does it nothing is wrong. And MediaDefender has 2000 servers at its disposal to DoS attack.

Oh look, MediaDefender has illegal content on their website to spread around.

http://www.mediadefender.com/marketing/

I added a pic of this website for when they close it down.

Oops I downloaded the content from their website, I guess I just stole tens of thousands of dollars from corporate america.

According to their own stats their are 300,000,000 unique monthly users. How the hell are you going to combat that many users?

According to their powerpoint file, Coca-Cola has given them money to put ads in place of fake illegal content.

The Pirate Bay: Two Years After the Raid

The raid on the Pirate Bay took down the site, but not for long. Within three days the site was back online, and much to the dislike of anti-piracy outfits, its traffic had doubled thanks to all the media attention.

Mission Accomplished? This is exactly what happened when napster shutdown. People found out they can download media for free and it is easier to acquire than legally purchasing.

post-1194-12833239697987_thumb.png

Report Says Canadian DMCA To Include $500 Fine Per Download

They can go to hell.

Apparently they want to think someone who downloaded 5,000 songs (retail $5000) owe the industry 3 million dollars (more than the person would make in their life). But I guess this is better than the current $20,000 per infringement which would be $100,000,000.

It will also be illegal to unlock products you purchase such as cell phones and media.

If this law goes through then they should have to remove the tax on blank media.

This might be going through tomorrow so I'll be taking notes on who favours and opposes this stupid law. This will make a great election issue as I'll be telling everyone and anyone that they may potentially owe millions to media corporations and vote accordingly.

Looks like the person introducing this bill has and still is committing copyright infringement on his website.

I'm pretty sure Google has the copyrights to that image.

It's funny I can go 150km/h down a city road endangering lots of people and get fined $100, or I can download an illegal mp3 and get fined $500.

Turns out the Canadian DMCA bill will be introduced tomorrow.

All hell is gonna break loose.

Especially since the Conservatives are breaking their own accountability rules.

Odd that they deliver this the day after apologizing to the natives. All the news stations will be busy showing that instead of this new bill and what it means for millions of Canadians. Surprise tactics from the Conservatives.

Ah, but if you look closely, it seems like this bill is never meant to pass.  It won't even have the second reading until this fall which is when it's expected that Dion will finally call an election.  So, by making the bill teh Conservatives get to cosy up to the music industry and the American government without ever actually having to pass a Bill that's already got shut down once due to a massive outcry.

Voting's gonna be hard this year.  Dion is such a tool....

Voting's gonna be hard this year.  Dion is such a tool....

He needs to grow a pair. But that wont happen. Some PEI libs are retiring after being in power since Chretien started (they're set for life), so voting is going to be interesting with new players.

What if the conservatives get a majority. Would they reintroduce the bill and pass it? What if they had gotten a majority in the last election? That is a scary thought.

Looks to me like a minority government is the best way to prevent a government from making big mistakes.

Looks to me like a minority government is the best way to prevent a government from making big mistakes.

Or at least it would be if the Liberals had chosen a leader with some testicular fortitude.

Canadian Industry Minister lies about his Canadian DMCA on national radio, then hangs up

Seriously there is no way he can get re-elected.

Download and listen to the mp3 of the phone call. The CBC radio host asked questions about the law and the minister dodges the questions. 30 minute 12mb file. Info about subject starts at 1 minute mark. Interview starts at 2:50 and ends at 11 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Band Leaks Track to BitTorrent, Blames Pirates

Basically a band leaked their own album online, then turn around and blame piracy. They intentionally did this to generate free publicity. Also the fact that it was found out that they intentionally uploaded it makes even more free publicity. Same as I posted before with Movie and TV studios releasing their own products onto the internet to get free publicity, but still get to sue people for downloading it.

Funny that corporations make their products freely available for anyone to download. But it is illegal to download it, even though they want people to download and watch it.