net broadcast

thesnake

hi.. what do you think about the new copy rights law that want to charge webcast radio stations

for every song they playe.. lol i cant belive this tax is so stupied i mean those channels

are for free and they just playe because they like to... they dont have a real income coming

out from that ...

i feel bad coz i listen to net radio olmost 24/7  and now most of the channels i listen to

will close down soon.. i think it will have effect on lots of peapol...

it proves so much haw stupied taxes can be...

It all depends. If traditional radio has to pay every time they play a song, then why wouldn't online radio?

Also these online radios must make a profit in some way (ads), otherwise they probably wouldn't exist.

Now I'm gonna assume you mean the podcasts that use music, and don't pay RIAA (for all we know the music was illegally downloaded in the first place). And thus the RIAA want to shut them down since they are getting no revenue from podcasts that use their material.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the RIAA and MPAA simply because they do not want to compete or to make consumers better off (pirated audio/video is usually better quality than can be legally purchased if you find the right niche).

well net channels are not famous like traditional radios so they dont make as much as them..

i never heard a comercial ads on them or any kind of spam

we are talking about net channels that must pay somthing around 1000$ a mounth..

wich the law makers allready knows its imposible..

anyway am not here to make study on the matter, am just passing the news and what i think of it..

i like the net radio because i am connected to the pc most of the day and i like to put some

streams on to keep me company.. u cant buy that.. i mean if u buy records or cds u have to keep

playing them for ure self then u get board..what i like about music strams os that they allwayes

make new things and u feel there is somone playing records for u if u know what i mean..

so u cant buy that

Sounds like crazy legislation and probably unenforceable.

Will it effect Youtube and Myspace as well?

Do many of us on this forum use Myspace and Youtube?

Since when was Youtube an Internet radio? It removes all copyrighted material anyways.