Playstation 3

Dude_Doc

I dunno, but anyone crazy to spend the price tag on the PS3 either has too much disposable income or is not right in the head. :P

A PS2 costs 20% of the PS3 and would have a large selection of games to play. Also the games would be a lot cheaper (admittedly the games should play on PS3 as well).

PS3 costs almost twice as much as xbox or wii. :(

But my opinion doesn't count since I havn't had a console since the original NES.

Anyone got the new PS3? Is it good or bad? And, is it regionalized and does it have backward-compability?

1. a lot of people have it... it's available since nov. 2006 in japan and the u.s.

2. it's good for a console - but already outdated from a general technical point of view (uses rsx graphics based on the nvidia 7 series which is actually not very up to date anymore

3. it has a limited backward-compability, you can find information on this almost everywhere. just google for it  :)

Yeah... it seems they released the PS3 in order to make money it seems. I'm really disappointed in the extremely limited backward compability, but at least, this time luck was on my side since Deus Ex works without any problems :D .

I mean, the only hope PS3 players have is to wait for a new modified version...

• 2 weeks later...

maybe I'm gonna buy it anyway in a few months. depends on how the price develops and how the system can be modified by then (backward compability, disabling regional codes) and if rumble controllers will be available by then. but there will be games I wanna play. I think I'm gonna use my pc for first person shotter then only and play everything else on the ps3. here are some titles I wanna play then:

The Darkness

Dark Sector

Devil May Cry 4

Gran Turismo 5

Burnout 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resident Evil 5

Ridge Racer 7

SoulCalibur 4

The Outsider

The Club

God Of War 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have more fun with my wii than I do with my friend's ps3.

[hide]I also like that new nintendo console![/hide]

Very funny !

I am awaiting my delivery of the Wii too. Should be here Tuesday. Getting a console is very hard in Briton, the supply has been pretty sporadic and as soon as a delivery comes it is is sold out.

I am only getting it as its different, and I like to back the little guy kind of thing (no jokes, please !  ::)).

My friend has the XBox360 and PS3 and both look good with their graphics, but then I am comparing it to his Wii... :-