Last Request

Ok guys i thank you all for the help with the programs to take off and to use, i freed up 30 percent of my cpu usage... but emperor still runs horribly sluggish... and  i think i know the problem, see i downloaded an old intel graphics driver, because i play this game World of warcraft, and i guess they didnt support the one i was using, so i got this old one from 05, but the thing is i think i have my old one running and my new^old one running at the same time, i dont know how i can tell if there running simultanously or what?!?!?! its a intel 82845g video bios version 2607, if anyone ANYONE out there can help me get the LATEST UPGRADE on this graphics driver plz give me link and or help me installl and remove the other ones THANK YOU SO MUCH DUNE COMMUNITY!!!!! ???

well it cant be anytihing else. my older new graphics driver neve rhad an icon showing it was on, by the time on your tool bar below... so i know that it was a new version... also ive freed up that much space on my computer, the internet is blazing fast and everything seems to be perfect... except the speed of games.... and this is my virtual memory.. it could be causing the problem, but i doubt it seeing ive never really changed it or anything... so if there is anyway that two graphics drivers could be running at the same time maybe or something idk someone plz read this

post-1806-12833239461595_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I checked my pagefile Looks like this:

pagefile1zb2.th.jpg

I thought it was recommended to have windows manage pagefile. Forget why mine is manually set (I got 512mb ram).

You could try the system managed size option (you'd have to restart computer for it to take effect). I doubt setting it to my custom settings will be good.

You should read the other threads and reply. Providing dxdiag will let us know more about your hardware.

I added you to my msn, but havn't seen you online. Maybe msn/yahoo server arn't compatible yet (unless your yahoo account is microsoft passport working).

Oh, and your hard drive being 70% full will slow down your computer slightly.

So did emperor run fine, and now you notice it running slow/badly? Was it running good before installing graphics drivers?

Oh, and some tips for winxp to run faster:

1. I presume you went to system->advanced tab->performance settings->visual tab->unchecked most things

2. right click on your desktop->properties->settings tab->what colour depth you have? 16 bit might help (although it might make things look worse if they require 32 bit) I swicthed over to 32 bit color several months ago to make things look better (at expense of possible speed)

3. right click on your desktop->properties->appearance tab->effects->uncheck "show shadows under menus"

Ok so Andrew was helping me last night. and i tried restoring my computer to a later date.. and it wouldnt let me... i tried six diffrent dates and it said it could not restore... anyone have any ideas on why it wont let  me restore..

Do you know the exact error it gives you for system restore? Maybe Google searching it might give you some answers. Simple searching "system restore error" brings up lots of stuff, but knowing the exact error would narrow it down.

Maybe a screenshot of the error?

Ok so i reinstalled emp, after i got my graphics card back to normal, normal meaning back when emperor wasnt slow or sluggish on any settings, computer skirmish or online play... but it still lags when i move or attack... i dont understand graphics are on low my dislplay is running 16bits instead of 32 now and my internets never been this fast.. i have no idea why it would run like this =( if there is anyone that has had this problem before plz feel free to offer suggestions, Andrew did his best, but to no change..

reformat your harddrive its simple , easy, and its what any tech would do except they dont tell you that its super easy to do and then charge u 100 bucks.  techs are a ripoff.

Mordus i hate to say it man but you never were very fast.... you always seemed a little sluggish and now i know why.  I gurantee you if you put in 1 gig of ram  (512 x 2 ) that would be your quickest improvement.  Right now your damn RAM and CPU is bottlenecking your graphics card!!

And dont gimme some bullsh!t about how you know you use to be faster and so it cant be your system specs... NO... trust me its your system specs.  You system can barely run emperor when your computer is in a defragmented stated.  However with tons of crap on your computer, tons of internet cache crap, tons of defragmentation, maybe some undetectable spyware from shady websites... all of this culminating to the point where you will slow down during attacks and movements in emperor.   

Gunwounds advice:

Reformat your hardrive and install 1 gig of RAM.  If you do this and show me proof of it and it doesnt work.... i will personally mail you a money order for 100 dollars.  Thats how much i believe i am right.

Actually I was in discussion with mordos and it seems games did run normal, but for some reason the games run slower now. (they should run faster since we cleaned his computer up, but are not running as fast as before he did something with his video card)

Oh and system restore isn't working, so that must have gotten corrupted or something, there are articles on the internet about how to fix that (but lose current restore points)

Oh and no format since he broke his winxp cd :(

Can I ask one question. Why does it take someone else to give out this sensible information and not the person with the problem ?

Just seems odd that he didnt think to say these things, and instead makes about 3 threads and loads of posts and ignores most of what people say in them !

He can borrow an XP CD from someone and use the Product Key on his computer on the sticker. So long as the one he borrows is the same version (home/pro/server+SP1/SP2).

Still the best bet.

reformat your harddrive its simple , easy, and its what any tech would do except they dont tell you that its super easy to do and then charge u 100 bucks.  techs are a ripoff.

I sure am. . and my wage isn't even as low as that. .. :P

And his motherboard might not support 1gig of RAM .. some are limited at 512.

Besides that I agree. Loot at the time it has cost you sofar. .. a re-install whould have taken about an hour with 2 / 3 extra for all your software.