Help with slowness

OK heres my shitty specs, dont laugh its an alright computer, but its been doggin really badly lately,

Intel Celeron 1.7ghz 384 mb of ram, added 150 chip, computer says i have 30gbs all together, im currently using 70 percent of it. i just defraged my computer yesterday, tried deleting things i didnt need, but even emperor runs really slow now, not even on the internet, i have specs all on low, and whatnot, i just dont understand, is there something making it run slow, maybe a virus, and if so how come my computer hasnt picked up on it, wondering if i can change any specs to make my computer run faster, maybe the virtual memory something, i dont have money to buy a new comp or i would... any ideas plz

Maybe try running ccleaner slim version is good if you know english. It should find files and registry stuff that is useless (do backup the registry when it asks)

When was the last time you formatted it or reinstalled windows? how long you had it.

And to check cpu usage, best program would be http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

okay so im running that cleaner that you gave me, also i have so many things running on process i dont know which to remove or stop, some things i try to remove or stop tells me that it will harm my computer, so any ideas on what i NEED to run and what i dont need to run....

i do have alot of svchost running all at once, i do not know what ones to end though, like theres some taking up 13000ks says its for system and whatnot... i know my buddy has a cpu and his process are nothing like mine, maybe five to ten running at teh same time, i have like fifty....

post-1806-12833239458911_thumb.jpg

post-1806-1283323945928_thumb.jpg

You may want to try out foxit pdf reader instead of adobe reader. :)

Then at least you wouldn't need the adobe speed at thing at startup (you can disable that anyway, just means adobe program wont start as fast when you start it, but if you don't use adobe all day everyday, it shouldn't matter). Oh wait you use adobe photoshop. I don't know how that would affect photoshop (probably shouldn't).

You don't need qttask on startup. Another quicktime speedup thing or something.

I notice yahoo messenger starts when windows does, yet I see msn messenger on systray?

I dunno what jusched is (java? java can slow computer down some if it load on startup maybe)

Dunno what realsched is (realplayer ewwww. could disable that or uninstall reaplayer and install real alternative, or klite mega codec pack if you also uninstall quicktime)?

What windows version you using?

Also provide a directx report

start->run->dxdiag->when done loading save all information, then upload the txt file to here (dxdiag.txt filename is probably already taken on fed2k upload folder, so rename it to something else)

I don't know how that would affect photoshop (probably shouldn't).

It doesn't.

I dunno what jusched is (java? java can slow computer down some if it load on startup maybe)

yes

What windows version you using?

WindowsXP with the old style menu.

In task manager, sort processes by username and anything with YOUR username is not going to be critical to the machine. So first look in there for anything that you think you dont need. To test if it is slowing down the machine, you can delete it there ( stop it running) but it will more then likely come back on next start up. To kill it permanently, you need to use Autoruns (someone linked to earlier ?) and find the same name in there and untick it there.

Good luck.