auto reboot

Ok heres the problem. I turn on the machine,it start to load xp-pro.When It comes to the menu to choose user I do and it tries to load my settings(Standard windows skin) but it turn  black and reboot.Can`t start it in safe mode either.

Here is something odd,I try to log on as a nother user (with xp default Skin)get to the load of back ground and it says in

Advanced INF install

error could not locate  INF file `cwindowsinfwmp10.inf`

I say ok  and then is says

Error could not find Boot.ini

is it somrthing with the boot up whitch are messed up.?

Could a repair of Xp help out here ?

Does this make sence at all ?

someone have a clue or atleast something in the neibourhood?

thanks

Cybo

It gets to the login part and there are several users you can choose from (like when you normally boot when more than one user on computer)? But once you choose your login, it gives error and reboots? But if you choose another user it logs in fine?

get to the load of back fround and it says in

I don't understand what you mean :(

Closest thing I found was

google groups

or

google groups1

Why doesn't safe-mode work ? .. and any change of restoring to a recovery point ?

Just a piece of advice. If you have rebooted Windows and know something is wrong. Ie. bad drivers or a gone-wrong install. Don't login and just reboot.

ok, maybe not the advice you wanna hear, but here's what I do in cases I have a windows error (which has fortunately not happened a long time now): I format and put up an image of my system drive. I used acronis true image to make a "clean" image, which means: after I installed and configured everything I made the image. so after formatting and loading this image, everything is just fine, all programms already installed and configured...

the best part: this doesn't take long and it's way faster than looking for WHAT was wrong...

hey thanks for the respons.

Andrew I have edited my post.

Now safe mode work,dont know why it didnt.Tho I cant get the machine to set a restore point. Dont ask me why.

I will check out the trueimage.

I think I will  try to repair or have to reinstall. Thanks any way alot.

cybo