Problems with dvd regions

Awhile ago, I changed my dvd region so I could play the Dune miniseries. Afterwards, I changed it back to region 4, but soon wanted to watch Dune again. Now I have one change left but I cannot change back to region 4. I get an error message saying

The reason why it won't let you change region while it used to do it is because normally a DVD-player (on a computer) has the ability to change region for only a set amount of times (usually 4-7) after that it is locked. This is governed somewhere in the firmware, so modifying that is a solution.

There are patches/fixes out there that do this, but I would recommend to do plenty of research before doing that. If something goes wrong while updating, and your DVD player gets corrupted (irreversibly) you screwed it and the warranty will likely fail.

A solution at a higher software level, like Acriku's, might be better. But still I recommend caution. I would try to find people who actually tried it before using it.

All in all, another victim of the crime that is DVD regions. So there is supposed to be this global market that is there to improve everyone's life... NOT!