CS

Dunenewt

As far as I know, you can get CS: source for free. I believe you have to have Half-life in order to have a cd-key, but I could be wrong. I bought the half-life plat edition for 10 bucks, so it isn't a deep investment. 

you can buy it through steam (www.steampowered.com).

you need the installer anyway.

as far as I know they also sell cs:source as a single game by now.

don't know about cs 1.6... anyway, it's a few bucks. if you want a quick bash on good old cs 1.6 give me a call  ;)

cs:source looks good but feels crap

cs 1.6 looks crap, but feels good  ;D

I'm stick to it since the very beginning back then in '99 - and cs:source is definitely not suitable for cs-powergamer like me, it just kills the skill and is no fun if you are used to a very aggressive style of gameplay  ::)

In my opinion CS1.6 is more skilled, however Source is much more fun these days. I can't stand those big square pixels in 1.6, that's why I switched to source. The big difference is that source has a screwed up netcode which makes the bullet reg. totally off focus. You just need to know what your rates should be and the server should have the exact same rates, and should be forced on anyone who joins it. That way you can have some nice 1.6 skilled games on source. In the end I prefer source. WOOHOO

EDIT: And no you can't play CS:Source if you buy Cs 1.6/half life. Its a totally different game.

condition zero multiplayer was actually very nice, but hardly anybody plays it. just few people bought the game, the single player was crap, but the multiplayer was really cool, because it had all the 1.6 gameplay but better graphics. they should have done it the same way with source: just make the graphics look like they do look but still keep the 1.6 gameplay.

I bought cz for 10 bucks because I needed a new cs 1.6 - I sold my old steam account along with 1.6 to get rid of hl2 & cs:source. I sold the account for about 40 bucks and just bought cz along with 1.6 option so cheap.

:O they are absolutely unskilled and stupid

back then before steam there were so called headshot-bots. you could only kill them by making headshots. this was nice aim-training  :)