simple but hard...!!!

i have a question i allwayes woundered haw to solve it..and now its time to ask for help..

i tryed to solve it my self since its a simple matter but no luck ,well here it is.

lets say i opend a file type (any) with not pad ....now i have note pad opening all the files of

this type autpmaticly without me asking for it..ok haw can i stop not pad from opening all those files which i dont want them to change there original type..i mean haw can i reverce it? thx

Or delete a file-type if you want Windows to prompt you with what program you want to open that filetype everytime you open such a filetype.

yes that what i wanted..i want to stop windows from choosing automatcly to open my files based

on previous data..thx

Dont select the option "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" or you will recreate the association between notepad and that type of file (type = extension, i.e. txt).

That choice is available when you try to open a new file type and windows asks you what program to use to open it.

Also there is a check box that says always use this file type to open this type of file uncheck that,then choose the program you want to open it with.

always use a filetype to open this type of file..

I usually use *.exe files to open those type of files....