help with ruter setup

The recieve window is like a normal window.. Something larger that the window size wont get through.

So if you set you window size smaller, larger packets than your window size wont be recieved. this causes connection problems.

With your connection (as gryphon mentioned earlier) it is not usefull to use that program at all..

Your default  MTU and rwin are good enough for your connection.

Maybe IF you want to play with it

first get a prober dsl connection (something larger that you already have like 12 mbit) then, go ahead..,

and if it does not work, roll back to you origional settings...

But thats on your own risk  :P

It won't affect your hardware.. thats for sure...

First de-install that program, maybe it will prompt you for re-applying the old settings...

than:

Try to reset your router to factory defaults and configure it.

This would be the easiest part.. if it works, your connection is back up..

If it doesn't work, try to use DHCP settings for you connection (if you are not already using them).

If this still doesnt fix your mess, I think re-installing would do a good job.

after re-install also reset your router again, for a clean environment...

Have fun..

Dont hope !

If you have buggered up your internet settings, and you are sure its to do with messing around with this program, find the following key and change MTU to recommended value: 576

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesTcpipParametersInterfaces[Adapter ID]]

MTU=576 in decimal, or 240 in Hex (I think the key is in Hex, but you can easily change it)

Good luck !

Oh, Pheonix, try offline Regediting ! ;)

no guys dont bother i reinstalled xp thx for the help .my p4 realy dose it on obtimal time.

and i dont have importent data.. so all back to normal but still my dsl

256/64  is not working normaly the download speed crach to 15k most of the day making me lag at games and get kicked from servers whhile others using same speed are playing..... :'(

i have zte dsl router device on 192.168.1.1, using dlink dfe eithernet card. MY ip 192.168.1.2,  am i doing somthing rong?  do i have to change anything in my router fac defult setup?

look for ex at resolt i made in speakeazy speed test:

download speed 66k  upload speed 77k

for downloading you also need someone who is uploading.

so if your download speeds drops to 15 k per sec, it could be that the one who is uploading, does not allow uploads to exceed 15k...

while gaming, close all other programs which are using the internet. programs like msn messenger, icq, downloads, IE, etc etc..

also firewalls can cause this behavior..

Yes, that is somewhat disturbing, he regularly reinstalls. I bet he knows the reinstall process better then I do !

I am bored, what can I do ? Go ride some camels ;) or go see what the sand dunes are saying, hang out at the local oasis, or reinstall XP !

Just kidding spicemaster !  :P

I am bored, what can I do ? Go ride some camels Wink or go see what the sand dunes are saying, hang out at the local oasis, or reinstall XP !

well you got me there for a secound, it is late and i am  dezzy lol..anyway the answer for that will

be reinstall xp i like a frech copy of the system its the best thing to do when u have damge..no matter haw you repair...anyway i got a new side fan for te case i dont remeber haw to put it..

it should puch the air out or in?? ::) :-[