XP Service Pack-2 Question

I went ahead and installed service pack-1. My question is, is 2 worth getting? I've heard alot of negative things about this one so i'm not sure yet. I am mainly concerned about it conflicting somehow with my games, or anything else for that matter. Any help, pros n cons are welcome. Thanks.

Back it up first.

Also, set it to save files for uninstallation.

I used SP2 at work, and it went slightly wobbly (I think USB died or something, or explorer went funny, I forget) but uninstall worked fine. Still on SP1.

SP2 is good though.

I had the redistributable. It does make a point of asking you if you would like to keep a copy of the files it overwrites, very recommended by myself, as you can always get rid of it later.

I think its good to have SP2 unless you really have a reason to not have it.

I trust all your opinions on that one.  ;)

I really have to explain this, I know it's a little off topic but ah well.

I was taking out the garbage yesterday and happened to notice that someone across from me that moved had some old PC parts laying there, Now, as I looked at some of the stuff he threw out, I saw a cd in a cd cover. It was a Windows xp home edition for a Dell PC cd restore. Took it inside and thought nah, this aint gonna work for shit I don't have a single Dell part on my PC. However, it loaded up and installed like a charm. Now for the first time ever with using XP I can finally get all updates from windows update site. A legit Windows XP home edition with activation, and key. How damn lucky is that?  I just hope all the updates I got stay though.  ; ;)

I have 1 more question on the service pack 2. I installed like around at least 70 updates from windows update. Now in add-remove programs all those are not showing like before is that due to service pack 2? as in did it archive those? I'm just wondering what happened to all those updates.

thanks in advance guys.

When in Add/Remove

Click on "show updates" box at top of window. That will show them, along with other software updates to installed software.

I didn't like seeing 20 updates for windows, made the list too big, and it's not like I was going to uninstall them anyway.