Something fishy online

Harkdawg

we need????  it dosnt sound like a strong word..  dose that mean we can wake up tomorow

just to find all servers gone off? strange i never expected somthing like this.

maybe if it happen we will all retier and go to msn zone to playe backgammond

maybe my idea of using hamachi wasnt so stupid after all erj :P  -howd it go anyway?  all good ?

i figured it would be a better even if slightly more obstructive(the task bar) way to organise games, add to that the ability for 4v4 with no problems

not a replacement, morely a contigency of our 'backups'

although theres a question i got for either ra or mr xwis:  once the 'connection' phase is done,is it simply peer to peer ,or are we still connected  on a client to server>server to client basis

id check myself but id say minimising while connecting for a traceroute wont make ppl happy : 

It must still be connected, the server still shows you as online, and you dont re-login everytime you end a game.

Eid, look how fate treats us. Just a little while ago I was saying "getting people to use Hitachi wouldbe difficult" and then a few days later I am doing a 2 vs 2 on fishers using...Hitachi ! And on that the connect phase is super duper quick, I mean it is faaaaasssttt !!

It does mean players will use MSN to organise the games more, as there is no centralised point of gathering, but it is a viable alternative to when the servers go down.

well not entirely, as u may have noticed u can chat/use windows sharing(if u allow sharing in windows that is)

once we're in a channel its also a chat channel..aka msn..'ish ,and seeing as though the

chat' lobby is pointless in emperor and messaging dont work too well there either(crash backspace etc)

so really its not missing anything we need, except that its not directly peer to peer either,

in fact i'd say the only thing we cannot and will never have with hamachi is coop campaign

so there you go,dont say i didnt tell you so erj :P  connects faster too you say huh? very nice :]

dam no more time for <gamestart>quick piss>roll cig> smoke cone>still waiting>coffe>waiting>play soul calibur2 on the side>waiting>smoke another cone>waiting>bo plan>waiting>waiting>ready to rock 5 mins ago>waiting>handshake fail/freeze/2 mice cursors>reboot> LOL gg

And you know you WILL miss that.

Nah, its ok, the servers are back up and we can get back to the good old handshake failed.

Now we need to decouple ourselves from WOL forever, so that it doesnt stop us from playing if/when it finally dies..