Dune 2000

Guest Alex

During multiplayer LAN games I get an "Out of Sync" error and the current game quits.

(This always happens after about 30-60 mins into a game when the first battle starts)

I have updated Dune2000 to 1.0.6, got DirectX 7.0 and changed the IPX adapters setting to 802.3 on both computers as it says on Westwoods FAQ.

I have also re-installed Dune2000 on both computers.

Still getting the same problem, I hope you can help me out

Guest bluepen

I don't have an answer, but I can say that I've been playing over the internet and I am getting basically the same out of sync problems that you are. I've got 1.06 with DirectX 7.0 too. It's been happening recently for the past 3 days, but before that I played all the games without any such problems. Someone said it is the servers, but how would that affect IPX play? I am very confused....

here's the thing...like it or not--i have vs 1.12

if u haven't played on WW online lately, log on. You should receive an upgrade. the patch doesn't register in the Dune 2000 file, but if you uninstall and reinstall D2k you'll get a message asking if u want to install 1.00 over 1.12

i don't know what the upgrade does--maybe improve connections and game speed online, but if you don't have it, and you play somebody who does have it, you'll probably hit a 'game out of sync' PROBABLY

Like i said, i have no clue what this upgrade has. All i know is i have dune2k vs. 1.12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

the out of sync error occurs if you have alterd the dune files in any way with programmes like "dune edit" it also occurs if you play on 16 bit and your opponent is on 8 bit,(read the dune cd tips for internet play) virtually every one on line playes in 8 bit mode so if you play in 16 bit it will most of the time go "out of sync"

out of sync messages are rare when playing on line so if you have cheats installed uninstall them and the game will work fine.

www.shygirl4.8m.com