Finnally finished the House trilogy

TheRedDuke05

After finnally finishing House Corrino today, I have decided that the House Trilogy (that's what I am calling it anyway) is an ok read. However, I have read the Butlerian Jihad and hated how they had sorceresses and floting brain people. Did Brain Herbert and that Anderson guy announce that they are gonna make Dune 7 and 8 because if they did I won't get it and go on a massive book burning fest of all Brain Herbert books  >:(

They are actually releasing Road to Dune

then releasing Dune 7 and 8.

If you want a good book by brian Herbert, get Dreamer of Dune

If you thought you knew Frank Herbert, you don't if you didn't read that book.

You read the butlerian Jihad before reading house trilogy? How did you ever get yourself to read the house trilogy after reading the crappy butlerian ones?

House series is an ok read. As for the butlerian Jihad, you can probably find a lot of threads bashing them :P

It's hard to explain, I read House Atredies first, then latter read House Harkonnen. After that I decided to try the butlerian jihad book and forced myself to read it. I hated it and decided to read House Corrino since the House trilogy is at least decent and somewhat makes some since despite the plot holes it created. The only good thing that happend is that Earth got nuked to hell  :D Just like it will sometime in the near future :O

What is your favourite Dune novel?

43.2% - (191 Votes) - Dune

18.5% - (82 Votes) - Haven't Read Any

8.1% - (36 Votes) - House Harkonnen

6.7% - (30 Votes) - God Emperor of Dune

6.1% - (27 Votes) - House Atreides

3.8% - (17 Votes) - Children of Dune

3.6% - (16 Votes) - House Corrino

3.6% - (16 Votes) - Chapterhouse: Dune

2.9% - (13 Votes) - Dune Messiah

2.4% - (11 Votes) - Heretics of Dune

0.6% - (3 Votes) - Dune Encyclopedia

Total Votes: 442

Taken from the poll archive.

Though i agree that Frank's books are best. I still like Brian and Kevin's book quite a lot. The house trilogy was pretty good. And I just started at the machine crusade and it took me some effort to get into it. But i like it. I like it quite much.

Strange enough... the preference goes down as book complexity goes up eheh ;)

For me "Dune" is in the last position among the six, not because i don't like it, but i consider it long way less "bold" and "involved" confronted with the others five.

You mean Star Wars is a lot like it too. ;)

Hehe I agree ;)

G.Lucas himself said he took ispiration from dune books.

Moreover we have Jabba The Hutt that is MUCH SIMILAR to the idea of Leto II GEOD, even if i think Leto's body is more "fearing" 'cause it's a very hard cilinder with a head on the top, compared with the gelly fatness of Jabba that has head on the front.

Soon after I stared posting here I heard that there had actually been plans for legal action against Lucas for blatantly plagurising from Frank Herbert's work. Unfortunately, Frank died. And then (on the subject of prequels) his son proceeded to butcher the Duniverse in six poorly concieved, badly plotted and horribly written prequels. I will take any chance I get to bash them, and bash them I shall. The prequels suck, with the House trilogy sucking only slightly less than the 'Legends' trilogy, which sucks so much that burning it in anger would probably contaminate a small continent.

I could rant on and on and on and on about how much I truly loathe the prequels, but I doubt anyone would read it and I've made my feelings clear before. Besides, I'm tired and cold. I'm going to bed.

@Dante

The bad thing is that those 2 assholes are going to publish even two things after Frank's things, and i don't want to thing about what they will be.

I can only hope their entire masterwork will burn out (including the typo-master copy), leaving only Frank's note on Dune 7 :)

I wish Brian and Anderson wern't so dismissive of the Dune Encyclopedia ( which I found in my high school once, me being the 2nd person checking it out). The Encyclopedia was much more interesting than the prequals.
You speak the truth, my friend.
@Dante

The bad thing is that those 2 assholes are going to publish even two things after Frank's things, and i don't want to thing about what they will be.

I can only hope their entire masterwork will burn out (including the typo-master copy), leaving only Frank's note on Dune 7 :)

I know someone who would rather see the whole thing organised into a novel, even a terrible, painful novel. Of course, he hasn't read the prequels yet. Heh heh heh... We'll see how he feels after struggling through the 'Legends.' But anyway, it might be best, though I shudder to say it, if both the novels and the notes were released. At least that way, hopefully, they will feel as though the series is finally finished.

But if they so much as hint at this idea (spoilers)...

*Sound of axe being sharpened*