9 years old brothers.... what a problem!!

Procyon

The main problem with him is that he is playing my games, which most of them are  for 14+, 16+ or 18+. The litle bastard is playing GTA San Andreas and Hitman2, for example. I want to lock the game (or at least the folder where the game is located) with a password, but I don`t know how to do it. Anyone can tell me what to do?

Also... what games do you recommend for a 9 years old mini-me? He doesn`t like strategy games.

But many of them are less violent. Many of the old games were pure shooting games, where you shot people all the time. Now, there are often fewer enemies, and you have to apply some sort of tactic.

In the old games you could see that was a game even if you were swimming in blood. They were as realistic as "Happy tree friends". Know what I mean? Realism was down.

Now each game is so realistic that you could go out and do the same sh*t just like in the game.

I mean things like Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Battlefiels series, Call of Duty, etc...

Well... anyway I just don't consider old games harmful.

If you have Windows XP make a new account, make you the administrator, and make him an account. On his account stick some non-vilolent game and make a password for you the admin, then he can't get to your vilolent games and he will be forced to play the non-violent ones :)

Search google for some programs that lock your folders.

Games for a 9 year old? Try Dune1. Or "Beneath a steel sky" - that one is great. I know they're old... but they're fun..

Don't you think that "Beneath a steel sky" is probably a little too scary or violent for a 9-year old? At least when nearing the end. Also, it requires quite a good understanding of English language.

Yeah, but the message is clear: this is a game. Things like these don't happend in real life.

Counter-Strike is like: things like this MAY happend. And when he gets his hands on a gun he'll know exactly what to do with it.

I have a friend that plays only fantasy games with swords and elves and stuff. I asked him why. He said: " I want to play a game, not repeat or copy reality. "