EBFD Outclasses all others

I know there are alot of people who think this game is going nowhere fast. They may even be right. What I do know however is that the peopl who play this game are more loyal than the most loyal Cubs fan. What other game do you know where a player has used his own personal resources and time to create a server for the game? The fact that this game can generate that type of loyalty makes it worthy of recognition in and of itself. That combined with the players that still play this game, put this game in a class of it's own. 

BTW I should probably take a moment to thank RA for the new server as well as the features he has provided. Kudos RA it's a pleasure having you be a member of this community.

For those peoiple just stopping in and don't know about Emperor Battle For Dune(EBFD), I highly recommend you get your hands on a copy and get it installed. There are plenty of posts further down as to where to obtain one and how to get started. So I wont bother you with those details. Juts get a copy and start playing. You will not be sorry.

Also the fantastic things that emp have going for it are...

1.) you can still get it at software warehouse websites and ebay

2.) this dune2k website has all the patches and files and info you will ever need for emperor and is THE one and only community site. (so we are all consolidated)

3.) Emperor will NEVER die now because as we all have discovered.... we DONT need WOL (westwood online)... hurray !

...and of course thanks to Mr Olaf for his work in setting up XWIS, our home for so long, our backup, and I think the inspiration for RA (certainly RA spoke to the wonderful Mr Olaf and got a hint or two...).

But yeah, RA has done so much work to get the server where it is, even if he tried to say it was nothing, and that he had the code made up from other projects. Many thanks !  8)

And all you who have recently left and might be thinking about re-installing it, now would be a good time,the numbers are up again, and we have a very nice shiney new server to play on.

I like to represent all the members of EFBD would like to thanks RA a job well done for a new server....and also Mr. Olaf has put an effort and support to our community....As we well known that alot of new players are coming each day....I hope that we gonna see more coming.....Once again your work is much appreciated. ;D

well cant stay behind then eh.. lol Good job Ra, I love the features and stuff, and for now im glad we have xwis to fall back on whenever ur new server gets itchy. Im sure u will got it all sorted out in a whisper, and then we can relocate permanently on ur server.

Is it actually known if XWIS will keep room open for EBFD when we will be playing on ra's server, or will it be shut down in time ?

Isnt WOL the same for all the games that use it ? So if it stays open for one, its automaticaly open for others ? Or are the WOL versions different ?

Depends on that I guess, and the fact that it probably would cost anything to keep it "open".