Is it coming?

sniper

I don't think ww can do anything against a freeware game, espiccially if Arrakis mentions there name in big bold letters saying that there would ahve been no arrakis without them and some units and buildings are based on there games.

Look, I'm not a sore loser. Just because you didn't include the Ordos in A2k that doesn't mean I'd do something against it (as Mahdi seems to believe).

Somehow I don't remember anywhere in the first two novels saying that the atreides is the imperial house. There are no houses in Muad'hib's theocracy! No official houses, anyway. But you made me curious: just what units are you ganna put in? I'm just asking because the "holy" inquisition might not like... well, anything! ;) That's their job, isn't it? Not liking anything...

I know Shaddam, I know you don't hate me and I don't hate you either. It was just a figure of speech. And yes, we are a false house! We gained this status be bribing, assasinating and so on. And? You got a problem with it? :D

I'm pretty sure Dune Emperor is the universe for people who like RTS games more than the novels. But just what is it's storyline based on?

This fight started with Shaddam disconsidering DE and WW, saying they all suck. So, Gob, you should also tell HIM not to judge a game before it's released. How many times to I have to tell you? I've given up on my Ordos petition! Now it's just my anti-atreides one. This time it's about sticking to the novels even more.

I never said WW sucked, i said they had a reputation for cloning their RTS games. That reputation will be very hard to escape also. Dune Emperor is off to a good start IMO, but dont forget a game can change ALOT within a few months and no one knows for sure what will change and will be kept in.

Btw, there were houses in Maud'dibs theocracy, House Corrino being the major one. There are numerous passages from CoD supporting this.

Oh, and Shaddam, have you seen this yet?

"House Sardaukar

Hardened by relentless training on their desolate planet, The Sardaukar are warriors to the core: bravery and martial skill are the sole measure of a person's worth. Formerly the Emperor's Shocktroops, the Sardaukar now fight for an empty imperial ideal, but no less fiercely -- the nearly religious zeal of the troops makes them a terror on the battlefield.

Thus, with their military values, they respect their foes such as the Fremen, and loathe the Ix, whom they see as effete. But foes are foes, and there's little chance that the Sardaukar will ever see beyond their bellicose world-view to forge any truces with fellow warriors like The Fremen. Or can they?"

I thought you might be interested in it.

Thanks Mahdi, i saw it :)

I imagine if i ever get the game and if my comp is good enough for it then ill play the Hark/Sardaukar combo....like in D2k.

Too much speculation on this one though, who knows, they may decide to throw out the whole subfaction idea altogether....just too soon to tell :(

Oh and btw Edric....Thufir and I have agreed on 98% of all the units suggestions, the few units we chose to throw out were pushing the line of "too far fetched" or too much like westwood units.

Instead, weve replaced them with units from the book.

Dude, i really think you should cut your losses and end this argument, your false information isnt helping your case any im afraid :(

I just proved Shaddam theorem wrong! Here it is:

-the movie was only 90% based on the novels

-Dune2 was only 50% based on the movie

-Dune2k was 80% based on Dune2 (the rest on C&C)

Therefore, Dune2000 was ONLY 38% based on the novels. Gotcha! :D

WW does have a reputation for cloning games. But it will dissapear in exactly 7 days, when RA2 is released. You've got a problem there: you assume DE will be bad before it's even officially announced. I've seen the RA2 screenshots and previews. Belive me, WW changed! They're not the RTS-cloners they used to be. You'll see. So my point is: WAIT AND SEE! DON"T DISCONSIDER IT! You'd regret it for the rest of your life... And btw, I'll always play the Ordos/IX combo. What else? Just remember one thing: they didn't throw out anything of RA2. Not one detail! It's all as they said it'll be. Your out-dated information isn't

helping your case I'm afraid...

Just who the hell put you and Thuffir in charge of rejecting ideas? And one more thing: I DO NOT cut losses by chickening out. I cut losses by blowing everybody to bits in a kamikaze charge :D

Just when did false percentages help prove anyone's point?

In case you never noticed Thufir and I are part of the development team, you want to know why you werent selected? Maybe it was because of your immature personality and the the tendency to whine and moan when something doesnt go your way. You seem to embrace name calling as a way to back up your point, i hope you know no will believe you because you are losing more credibility to claims each day you insist on using your childish tactic. GROW UP

Considering you have done nothing to help the A2k project you have NO room to even consider criticizing Thufir. The unit selections were discussed by everyone, you can ask Gobal if you dont believe me, i consulted with him on the subject two days ago. Maybe i worded my earlier statement a little awkwardly, in which case if it was misleading i apologize.

Shaddam, I don't "embrance" name calling to back up my point. I sometimes do it (I don't remember calling you anything) to let out some anger. Oh and I don't whine or moan, I just never give up! As for my personallity, you should try a 3-month argument with a totally crazy guy on the RADEN forums. That's really not healthy. :(

You think my percentages are fake? Maybe, but not by much. You call the movie the "Lynch abomination" yourself. Don't tell me it's 100% based on the novels! Then there's Dune2, who was at least 1/3 WW's invention (the Ordos). But if you consider all the units and buildings, my 50% is actually over-optimistic. Then there's Dune2000, with it's C&C interface. So how is my percentage wrong?

Yes, I did think that you and Thuffir were the only ones deciding on the units. I apologize as well. But you seem to be out of arguments to back you up even more then I am. As a matter of fact, I don't know why do we keep fighting anyway. I always said A2k was your buisness. Just don't pre-judge WW or Dune Emperor.

And HaVoC, including the Ordos in A2k is out of the question unfortunatelly. :( At least as a playable house, but maybe they'll lend some units to Richece or be a NPH (non-player house).

I don't think we'll be arguing tomorrow either. I got the same problem as Thuffir: huge phonebills. So I won't be comming on this forum any more for some time. :( But I'm VERY active through e-mail, so we could continue the argument like that.