dune the animated series

piterdevries

I actually KIND of like the idea of an animated Dune feature.  It would be more likely to be done properly in that format if you ask me.  Wouldn't have to worry about actors' appearances and such.  It also wouldn't have to be a silver-screen release, which would allow to be as long as it needed to be.  My only fear is that it would look like your drawing.  Not that your drawing is bad, but it's a little too japanimation-looking for me.  Too much focus on crotches, weird hair, and unrealistic anatomy.

And as to the prospect of a TV show...I don't think it would work with the novels.  I don't know that you could get enough subject-matter into a 30-minute or even 1-hour TV slot without butchering the hell out of it.

Personally, I don't understand why everyone's so hell-bent on this thing being done on TV or movies.  Of all the novels that could be or have been adapted to the screen/tv/whatever, this one would probably be one of the MOST difficult.  If it's ever done properly...great, but I can't imagine how it would be.

there are more books and novels that are hard to put to the silver screen.

AeonGrey

my personel favorite (aside from Dune) is magician by Raymond E. Feist or the books by pratchet (discworld) or Jordan (wheel of Time)