Christmas Cleanup

Gobalopper

Well it is Christmas which means its time to cleanup my inbox for the new year!

First up is a game which we may have mentioned in the news once before but if we did it was a long time ago so we might as well do it again. It is described as, "an implementation of the Avalon Hill classic boardgame 'Dune' for the PC". It offers a number of different ways to play including PBEM, single player as well as over a network. If you're interested take a look at The Dune Emulator.

Some more fan art from Ernst Jan Verbree of Ornithopters. Wow that one had been sitting in my inbox since August. :D

How about some music for Christmas? Well you're in luck because The Legacy has extracted the music and sound effects from Dune II. It should bring back some memories for those of you who played the original classic years ago. You can choose from mp3 music tracks as well as sound effects from within the game.

And if that isn't enough he also extracted the cursors, GUI, units, animations and other graphics from the pak files. So a big thanks to The Legacy for providing us with this as people are always looking for them.

And now with an empty inbox I can enjoy Christmas knowing it will be full again by the end of next week! The staff of FED2k wish all our visitors and members of the forum a Merry Christmas. Thanks for sticking with us all these years.

• 2 weeks later...