All inconsistancies

styx

yeah, actually I think there is a website that lists all the inconsistancies found, and there are quite a few, especially in the prequels. I will try looking for it. I am interested in looking through it again too.

No, there are plenty of inconsistensies in the originals, they're just not as blatantly obvious as they are in the prequels.  The year of Anirul Corrino's death is one:  In the Almanak En-Sharaf, it says Shaddam's wife died in 10,186 or so; but in a caption in the book, it implies she was still alive after Shaddam was deposed.

also in the first book there is a qoute of irulans book that says( translated from dutch of course) "On e day my father showed me the picture of duke Leto Artreides.... I was 14 then and my father was 71" (pag. 116)

In the appendix whe can read that shaddam would die  in the year 10.202 he was born in 10.134 he never reached the age of 71 he was 68 when he died

And when she married Paul she was not 14  I thought,

when I've completly re-read the book I'll know for sure...

Paul gianed the power in 10.193 I think?

C'mon, that man build an universe over there... of course he made some mistakes. Too few to be taken in consideration. I'd say that Irulan was 14 when Shaddam was 71. SO he was MUCH older when he was deposed. I think the Emperor would have the longest life-span in the empire. He had all what was the best, right?

that is not what I meant was that the age of both did not relate to the lifespan in teh timeline or to eachothers lifespan,

of course Irulan could be 14 and shaddam 71

( with the spice and all he could get a child on the age of 89)