What is your most hated map

Timenn

Which one of these maps do you hate most/like least ?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these maps do you hate most/like least ?

• Knife Fight
    • Triskele
    • Fishers Plain
    • Spice Bowl
    • Sandy Pass
    • I love them all!

Yes ! 100% of people polled so far say Triskele !

Hate is such a strong word, Timenn...maybe I dislike.....I do not like as much as I like the others....(EDIT : just saw the /least like part of the poll question  ;D)

The problem I have with this map is that whoever attackes first, between generally equal players, is disadvantaged by being vulnerable to attack by the third player (you are player one, the  guy you attack is two, the one who sees you are out and decides to blow you base away is third  ;)).

Its too much in favour of the person who decides to attack second.

Speaking of maps, I have a question. How come more people online don't download the maps from this site? Whistler and I have ALL the maps on ALL our 'Puters. I think it is fun to play on new terrain. It seems that when ever I hosted a game, if I tried a new map it would be either "so and so does not have this map" from the'Puter, or "Fishers Plain please" from another player, now I don't mind, cause i'm happy just to get a game going, and I realise that all you senior players know every inch of that map, but this is a stragety war game and in war you don't often know the terrain like the back of your hand, and you just have to deal with it as you come upon it, or as the "fog of war is lifted" as the case may be. Any thoughts on this?

hey ....,

thats hopeless....i tried a few times to incite the people to download some of these great fan made maps, coz it would be sooo nice to play them online....but it seems like they dont want to..

i have loads of them installed, so we can do 1vs1...hehe

KALONY

Great...... Now you can wipe me n Whistler off the face of new and different terrain  ::) Or who knows, maybe we can find a map you don't know too well and sneak you, crippiling your income untill we can get on our feet and defend ourselves, lol....

But seriously, maybe if three out of four people in a game have a map then the odd man out might get inspired to download some.....It's not like it's difficult, just clicking a button in that Map Packer program.

Well I hope to see you online soon Kal, I'm looking forward to playing again, I've been so busy with work I haven't played in a while, which really sucks when you suck at EBFD to begin with, lol.  Oh, also I'm bringing another newbie to the slaughter. If you see a new player with the nik "wormrider" thats my nephew Joshua. I also set his 'Puter up with ALL the maps from D2k.

The problem I have is the time it takes to do it...I have got about 10 of them and then gave up ! It would be great if someone could get them all and then Zip them and upload them to Ords server, so I would only need to download 1 file, not 30+.

If anyone could do that I would happily download all the maps. There are some very good fan made maps (except the ones by Kalony  :D).

B I T C H...hehe....nah, mine rent the bestm, i made them for tests and for fun....but "spinnenbeine" can be cool....

this r realy much maps.....this would be a big zip man...so i guess u dont need to load down them all....every1 who wants to play such a map should post the name here, and there we go....u know?

me for example wants to play : stiech of the bridges, and stiech of the second moon online

KALONY

Well how big would it be...? Voodoo dude-oo, maybe you can shed some light on the size of the lot of em in zipped format.

Kalmeister, I hear you and I agree with that, if they are too big to get into one download, we can choose a list of them and ask everyone to get those maps. But I still think turning <which ever> maps in to one download is better - quicker.

I don't know where the creator is from (i think germany), but "spinnebeine" litterally means "spider-legs". i think he should have called it spiderlegs, it sounds less wussy to me. perhaps i'l get into map making. i did one earlier i had the game, and i'm a pro warcraft 3 mapper...

Mozared

Nunu, I don't know about the size once they are zipped, but I downloaded them all from a to z and the size of my "CMaps" folder is 487 MB. I usually learn as I go with 'Puters (like the no disc, no serial problem) teaching myself what i need, to do what I want to do. I have an FTP program on my 'Puter it's part of a program called Powerdesk 5.0 If you want the maps I will zip them up for you and maybe you could explain how I could upload them to you, I would be glad to help if I can.

omg....400+megs... ??? cancel that zip idea. Theres nothing much wrong with the standard maps anyway...except maybe trikele !  ;D

Plan B: The Kalmeister idea. We draw up a list of maps, and make a single download out of it, and ask everyone to down load that. Then we all have the same maps for online play...

400+ megs ? seriously ?  :-

That sounds like my warcraft 3 map folder; 1 normal map is 100 to 200 kb. a enhanced-with-trigger map is 300 to 1000 kb. a lot-enhance-with-trigger map varies from 1100 kb to 2000 kb. said so, my map folder is 400 MB; thats 2/5 of the whole game  :O. I can't find my emperor maps  ;D

Mozared