how a beginner like me beat the crap out of the ai on easy

dune200012

there r some ai sets, wich r hard to beat sometimes in skirmish games. make spice bowl, 3 atr attacker in hard modus, and give thenm all theilaxu and house ix. and the hardest ever is the fan made map "stiech alley 2" look for it, take 7 strong ai`s with theilaxu and ix, and u will die several times before yall will win 1 game...its the greates map ever...hehe

KALONY

7 strong AI's with theilaxu and ix? sounds unbeatable for me. i just played ONE normal AI atreides with both tleilaxu and ix. i wasn't playing at my top (i tend to make huge bases and stuff in skirmish), but i found it pretty difficult nevertheless. it would been easyer as atreides though, repair trucks own leeches. i was harkonnen and all my tanks got leeched the whole time  >:(. and if that not enough, he keeps attacking you with invaders (what are those octopusses called again?) the whole time. only good thing about that is that he waits 10 sec before he detonates them.

Mozared

7 strong AI's with theilaxu and ix? sounds unbeatable for me. i just played ONE normal AI atreides with both tleilaxu and ix. i wasn't playing at my top (i tend to make huge bases and stuff in skirmish), but i found it pretty difficult nevertheless. it would been easyer as atreides though, repair trucks own leeches. i was harkonnen and all my tanks got leeched the whole time  >:(. and if that not enough, he keeps attacking you with invaders (what are those octopusses called again?) the whole time. only good thing about that is that he waits 10 sec before he detonates them.

Mozared

They are called infiltrators. Your best bet there would be to attack the AI, take the fight to him. In fact, thats usually the best tactic.

Quote from: Gunwounds on 03 September 2004, 01:37:16

i can back it up tho.  ;)

how?

I think he means by beating you comprehensivly when you play online.

Infiltrators, i knew it was somethign like that, i just forgot the name. i guess attacking the AI works.

I have a strange feeling that when dune200012 signs in he's gonna be completly whooped by one of you and is never gonna visit the forum again  ::)

Mozared

...when dune200012 signs in he's gonna be completly whooped by one of you and is never gonna visit the forum again  ::)

Well, nothing wrong about getting whooped by a more experienced player. It happened, and still does happen, to me. Many games you play before winning your first game (usually, anyway) these days.

But to stop playing for that reason would be silly. I would not be playing, then, and neither would Kalony, or Kati, or Jeff....no...hang on...Jeff doesnt play  ;).

yeah thats right....and the point is not to be the best player...u just need to improve a lil bit,so that u dont get rushed, so that we can handle with u.....coz mosty we choose the teams as fair as possible. it means, u will maybe have a good partner, so that the teams r equal. tzhan u will not loose everytime, and with every game u will get better and better. but for this u need to reach a small step of improvement, so that a real playing exists.....

i hope u get my points...heh

c ya KALONY

Well, nothing wrong about getting whooped by a more experienced player. It happened, and still does happen, to me. Many games you play before winning your first game (usually, anyway) these days.

But to stop playing for that reason would be silly. I would not be playing, then, and neither would Kalony, or Kati, or Jeff....no...hang on...Jeff doesnt play  ;).

Yea I returned probly for just a few days last week and the weekend and that was it.  Might get on lil here and there now.  Was fun to slap u around fool wish I could do it each day ;)

yeah thats right....and the point is not to be the best player...u just need to improve a lil bit,so that u dont get rushed, so that we can handle with u.....coz mosty we choose the teams as fair as possible. it means, u will maybe have a good partner, so that the teams r equal. tzhan u will not loose everytime, and with every game u will get better and better. but for this u need to reach a small step of improvement, so that a real playing exists.....

i hope u get my points...heh

c ya KALONY

hmm the first positive person and i agree with you 100% i shall play a game and based on the way i loose i will practice for that

yeah man, if u have some probs, feel free to ask how to have a good start in the game...there r loads of people who can help u.....than its ur turn...hehe...play oplay play play...train train train train....

and dont be pissed off when every1 says " uhh i will beat ya in 3 minuits"....the problem is, that there r not so much ppl online, but a small group of elite asses r realy good coz its so familliar, so they teach each other much faster than on a full server with thousands of players....and u will c the problem, when in a 4 player game is 1 n00b....there cant be a fair game...but anyway.....HF MAN, and have a good start

KALONY

I wasn't directing that AT you, as in you were afraid of getting whooped, or that you thought it was wrong to get whooped by a more experienced player. I was just explaining that there wasn't anything wrong with it...and am hoping dune200012 reads this and understands this.

I know you were only giving your thoughts on what he might feel when he goes online.

AI and online...two different planets.