Yeeehaaa Got my DOOM 3 !

GUNWOUNDS

Oh, I didn't call them. Wonder how that will play out?

Wolfwiz... i did send the transmission... and i notice the scientist who is possessed ... when he talks to you for the first time on the monitor he says the same thing swann says... that you are a fool and that he will take over the ships.

... since you didnt send the transmission... what did the possessed scientist say to you on the monitor... (you know when he first contacts you... where he tries to suffocate you with green gass)

Well i just got to delta labs 1 ....

i am taking alot longer than others to beat this .... but i am playing on the hardest level while some i know have played it on easy or medium.

Do the zombies have two lives on the hardest?

Easy is really easy... I felt scared and wanted it easy, but now I'm getting the bill...

well zombies take 2 or 3 shotgun blasts.. depending on how close they are.....

but its more frightening on hard.... because the higher creatures are alot tougher so you take more damage and often have to resort to using heavier weapons like plasmagun and rocket launcher to kill them.... so its alot more intense on hard level.

But the problem is that you will progress much slower... because you have to take your time and plan out what you will do instead of just blazing through the level blasting everything in one hit... but i like it it like that.... it makes you savor the game.

Well i'm playin as marine instead of recruit, and just got plasma rifle.  But i've been doin what gun was talkin about, searching each level for hidden shit, ive been acting like a metal detector looking for hidden,extra stuff. So so far i've just been exploring each place everywhere I can no matter how much times it has taken me. Thank god for the flashlight. :)

Something I thought was so damn cool graphic wise, is when you first go into the restroom  and see yourself for the first time in the mirror lol

I couldnt help but think damn that looks real as hell. i can remember the old duke nukem games where you do that and think ah.. how cute you can see yourself but didnt think much of it. Kinda trivial I know just thought the realism was excellent. :)

Monorail: map game/monorail

Thats the one i'm at now. Damn and i thought i was getting towards the end. Well I confess this Doom monkey is on my back till i'm done. ;D

haha yea its addictive... i am halfway thru Delta lab 3 .. man its a grind... lots of chaingun commandoes and some kind of summoner.... if you see a summoner.... ignore what it is summoning and just kill it or it will never stop.

Something else i've been noticing now is when i hear a demon coming i can now accociate the sound of it and queue the type of gun i'm used to dealing with that certain one, if that makes any sense. lol and if i don't recognize the sound it makes i whip out the rocket launcher. juste for insurance.

Whoever has beaten DOOM... please read my hidden text i am a bit confused about one part of the ending... please PM me or reply in hidden text please... thanks.

*****Warning Ending SPOILER TEXT***** ( i need a question answered)

[hide] I am confused... Does Dr. Betruger turn into that flying demon at the end?... or does it eat him?

hehe, i haven't got that far yet. But here's some pretty good tips for anyone just starting a game....(not a spoiler just common sense stuff).

* Save often, except when you're low on health. This is your key to surviving.

* Search areas everywhere for extra items hiding dark cornors etc.

* Get to know the controls before you enter Mars City Underground. If you are

just standing still like a puppet the monsters will slay you easily. If you

know how to move it'll be a lot harder for them.

* You might want to set the brightness of the game a bit brighter, since the

game is pretty dark.

* Talk with everyone you can, interact with anything, read anything, listen to

anything and watch everything.

* Re-load your gun when you are not into combat to assure you don't have to

reload when a group of zombies want to taste your leg and brains.

* In combat, don't stand behind something that can explode.

* In combat, aim for the head.

* Listen carefully, since you can hear when enemies are nearby.

* Use the right gun for the right situation. Don't use your plasma gun on one

Trite, and don't use a pistol against a boss.

* Enjoy the game! The most important part =)

One thing, I can't believe how little time you need to finish the game the first time... I got it 3 days and already got through my first time, on Recruit level though, so I will go for the higher levels as well, but damn... So short...

But one other thing, that final boss... That's the most amazing thing in a game I've ever seen, but still it looked familiar enough to connect it to the old DooM games, the friggin' Cyberdemon! But nonetheless, he was easier to beat than the Cyberdemon in DooM and DooM 2...

Answer to Scar below:

[hide]I think he is the demon...[/hide]