DOOM3 release date announced

Dunenewt

Taken directly from the exclusive first review of Doom 3 in PC Gamer, here are the offical minimum system requirements:

P4 1.5 GHz or equivalent

384MB RAM

64 MB 3D card (certain GPUs - lowest is GeForce3/GeForce 4 MX)

Also, here are the recomended specs:

2GHz CPU

512MB RAM

Radeon 9800 card

five-channel sound card and speakers

Which I found very very nice compared to the letdown from generals when I had to upgrade several different things just to play it.

Yea i'm kinda drooling waiting for it.

Taken directly from the exclusive first review of Doom 3 in PC Gamer, here are the offical minimum system requirements:

P4 1.5 GHz or equivalent

384MB RAM

64 MB 3D card (certain GPUs - lowest is GeForce3/GeForce 4 MX)

Also, here are the recomended specs:

2GHz CPU

512MB RAM

Radeon 9800 card

five-channel sound card and speakers

Which I found very very nice compared to the letdown from generals when I had to upgrade several different things just to play it.

Yea i'm kinda drooling waiting for it.

Actually I heard this for the recommended specs

3Ghz Processor

1 Gig Ram

Nvidia's GeForce FX or 6800 line or ATI's Radeon 9800 or X800 series

4 Gig Hard Drive Space.

Found this earlier off the Doom 3 site.....

Now until the game comes out, no one knows for sure what the system requirements really are. Having seen many videos and having played a little bit of the game itself, I'm going to give, what I think, are the system specs need to play Doom 3. I'll give 3 different systems which ought to be broad enough to where your PC should fit into one of the 3 listed specs.

First off are the system requirements. The system requirements are the absolute minimum specs needed to play the game. The game being played with the required hardware will usually need to be played at or near the lowest settings with the lowest resolutions. The required hardware for Doom 3 isn't all that fast. What you'll need, at the least, are the following specs:

A Pentium 3 1gHz or AMD Athlon/Duron equivalent 

256Mb of RAM (DDR pc2100 recommended)

A Nvidia Geforce 3 or ATi Radeon 7xxx

Sound card

Approximately 5gigs of harddrive space

8x CD-ROM drive or higher

Now remember, those are the REQUIRED specs. If your PC is somewhere around those, its time for an upgrade.

It's now time for the recommended specs. These, unlike the required ones, will play the game at moderate settings, but by no means will be able to play the game with max settings and resolutions, those I'll show later;-)

The recommended specs, in my personal, professional opinion, will be like so:

A Pentium 4 2.0gHz or AMD Athlon XP equivalent

512Mb of RAM (DDR pc2700 recommended)

An Nvidia GeforceFX 5600non-Ultra/Ultra, Gerforce 4 TI 4600, or ATi Radeon 9600Pro/9500Pro

5.1 surround sound capable sound card (sound is a very important aspect in Doom 3 as it will submerse you further into the game)

16x DVD-ROM or 52x CD-ROM

If you PC has close to those specs, than, for the time being, your doing alright and should feel confident in your systems ability to play Doom 3 relatively well.

Now for the PC that'll run Doom 3 with max settings and resolutions. This is cream-of-the-crop hardware and configurations. My idea of the perfect Doom 3 machine is as follows:

A Pentium 4 2.8 to 3.4gHz Northwood or Prescott, an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, or AMD Athlon 64-bit 3xxx+

Atleast 1gig of RAM pc3200 or higher running in dual channel

An Nvidia GeforceFX 5950Ultra, ATi Radeon 9800XT, Nvidia GeforceFX 6800Ultra, or the ATi Radeon x800 Platinum

A Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS or something relatively close to it

If you computer falls into this category, you WILL be able to play Doom 3 with most if not all settings maxed.

Some things to keep in mind are:

Pentium Celerons are highly unrecommended for use in gaming.

Geforce 4 MX cards WILL NOT play Doom 3 due to the GF4 MX's lack of shader support.

I'm sure that I'll comeback from time to time and make a few changes here and there, but for the most part this is it.

Hmm, I guess it is a little confusing till we get our hands on one.

Now for the PC that'll run Doom 3 with max settings and resolutions. This is cream-of-the-crop hardware and configurations. My idea of the perfect Doom 3 machine is as follows:

A Pentium 4 2.8 to 3.4gHz Northwood or Prescott, an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, or AMD Athlon 64-bit 3xxx+

Atleast 1gig of RAM pc3200 or higher running in dual channel

An Nvidia GeforceFX 5950Ultra, ATi Radeon 9800XT, Nvidia GeforceFX 6800Ultra, or the ATi Radeon x800 Platinum

A Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS or something relatively close to it

I'm afraid ATI Radeon 9800 and GeForce FX cards will not cope with all the settings maxed out.

Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering will have to be put down a bit.