House Harkonnen ?

Ninja_Sher

I finished the 'Machine Crusade' book and I found that

Machine Crusade spoilers:[hide]there was no son of Xavier harkonnen, then how come there would be house harkonnen? was there a brother of Xavier or what?

Xavier died a death of a tiger, eliminating his enemy while was going to be killed by him ( Iblis the bastard ), as a matter of fact Xavier all through his life he was a devoted worshipper of good. Even his Atreides friend was not as pure as Xavier. On the contrary the harkonne house bacame a bloodsucker imperialist assasin who knows nothing else than how to torture manking, even its own people. Of course it was after one of them were banished for cowardice in the battlefield, another mismatch compared to great Xavier ( who would have not easily fled from battlefield ). Perhaps the next book would resolve the matter. [/hide]Meanwhile what you guys think about it?

ps - The book was half exciting and half boring. Though something seemed funny to me, the space folder ship never failed amidst its high loss ratio when concerning important men or important tasks.

Use the hide tags when posting spoilers - Andrew

ps - The book was half exciting and half boring. Though something seemed funny to me, the space folder ship never failed amidst its high loss ratio when concerning important men or important tasks.

True, but the loss ratio wasn't something like 50/50 either, and there weren't that many important space-folding travels in the book, I believe. Then again, BH & KJA killed off so many characters that they may as well have let one die in a space-folding accident.

True, but the loss ratio wasn't something like 50/50 either, and there weren't that many important space-folding travels in the book, I believe. Then again, BH & KJA killed off so many characters that they may as well have let one die in a space-folding accident.

They did kill many unimportant chars by those accidents but many like Vorian and the junior officer carrying message was unharmed!!!

ps - As my writing was covered, I have to write it again, There were no sons of ( except Manion who died at 11 months ) Xavier so how come there be a house harkonnen?

• 3 weeks later...

Ninja, your writing was not covered -- it was hidden. Highlight the space where your writing was to view it again. Trust me, we all saw it. Please do not repost your spoilers, because that was the reason they were hidden in the first place. I assure you, they will be hidden again.

I'm more interested in who will form House Corrino..

Most probably Iblis and Cammie's son. ( they have more than one child though ).

As a matter of fact I think Cammie looks like princess Irulan.

Iblis's bastard daughter would form BG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well.. we do know that the treachery happens on a bridge... if I remember correctly.

yeah its the battle at the bridge of hrethgir if i remember rightly... and there has to be a harkonnen in this book and he must be named aburlurd too it says so in the back of Frank Herberts dune... "Siridar-Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is the direct male descendent of the banished Bashar Aburlurd Harkonnen banished for cowardice during the battle of corrin"... or something along those lines...

Corrino was formed from the strongest/purest/bravest/whateverest house, I think (it have been a few years).  BH and KJA had better do the battle at Corrin Bridge justice, I've always imagined it as such a desperate, last ditch struggle...

Am I the only one who thinks that the space battles in the Legends trilogy are poorly written?  "Xavier's ship did this, the machine flagship did that..." couldn't they NAME the flagships?  Yeesh

True, although I don't think the machine ships have names.