Why Muslims Behead People (second attempt)

I've been away a couple of days, and I'm dissapointed that emprworm didn't bother to reply to my post on the first page. Not surprised though. I suggest Edric, Ace and the rest to stop wasting their time debating with a concrete wall.

Interesting...

Emprworm, do you agree that if the Qu'ran has no direct instruction to believers to kill innocents (in which we include those who are not tthemselves muslim), then Islam is, by your logic, not a fundamentally evil religion?

Interesting...

Emprworm, do you agree that if the Qu'ran has no direct instruction to believers to kill innocents (in which we include those who are not tthemselves muslim), then Islam is, by your logic, not a fundamentally evil religion?

yes, i would.

because the source of islam condones violence, and because the supreme leader in Islam was a conquerer who spilled enormous blood, in my opinion, there is little chance violence will ever be removed from Islam.

That's a big if.

rofl!

listen to the "objective" Christophobic dustscout.

Dustscout doesn't hesitate to declare Christianity as inherently violent, yet when it comes to Islam I say " if Islam is inherently violent" and Dustscout says its a big if, even though Islam continues to this day to commit ritual slaughter- religious stonings, religious crucifixions, religious beheadings-

I think Dust is more playing devil's advocate to be a bit more critical of your own position, and a bit more humble with it.

"because the source of islam condones violence"

Ok, then, let's go through the textual evidence you have that Islam advocates violence against innocents.

Since you've ignored my request, Emprworm, I intend to re-post it until you answer:

Emprworm's point E still stands, though. And that's why I ask him to show us those Qu'ran verses in context. I'm honestly curious.

In other words, let's see where the Qu'ran condones violence - and show us more than one-line verses this time. Show us the whole context.

I never said Islam isn't violent. I'm just saying that Christianity is too. They're as bad as each other.

you say this dustscout, out of christophobia, since you have not shown any evidence of such.  religious violence carried out by professing christians happened 1) by a miniscule minority and 2) without a mandate by Christ. 

#2) being the critical factor in determining whether Christianity is violent, of which you have not shown anything of the sort.

most likely scenario:  You detest Christianity because it does not embrace your homosexuality.  You know in your cognitive mind that a miniscule minority of "christians" (the few that had power) during the dark ages oppressed and killed many people ruthlessly (the catholics that killed people during the theocracy of Europe were a small minority.  most christians in europe were peasants, non violent peaceful folk).  Using this historical fact as a crutch, and coupling it with your emotional detest of a religion that excludes your homosexuality, you define Christianity as violent in order to justify the feelings of hate that you have towards it.  This is also what I call Christophobia

Oh, such a convenient excuse! You can't go to the trouble of copying & pasting a few paragraphs because... well, it's just so damn hard, and you went to such great lengths to find those paragraphs, that you don't feel like sharing them with the rest of us. ::)

But you know what? This only makes me even more curious. If you're so reluctant to post more than a couple of verses from the Qu'ran, the logical conclusion is that you must be hiding something. So I will do my own research, and see what I come up with.

Animism is thousands of years old, and its brutality is the same today as it has always been.

Hinduism is also thousands of years old, and the oppressive caste system is still in full effect (even though only in the last few decades has it been officially ruled as illegal)

so the theory that the pracitce of Islam is somehow tied to the practice of Christianity in terms of linear progression is baseless.

For the record, Dan's argument was not my argument. I never meant to imply that Islam needs 500 years to "catch up" - I only meant to nullify something you had claimed earlier, and which went along the lines of "if Islam was a peaceful religion, it shouldn't look like this 1400 years after its creation".

Also for the record, Animism is not a single religion. It's a broad category involving hundreds of different religions and cults that don't really have anything in common with each other.

For the record, Dan's argument was not my argument. I never meant to imply that Islam needs 500 years to "catch up" - I only meant to nullify something you had claimed earlier, and which went along the lines of "if Islam was a peaceful religion, it shouldn't look like this 1400 years after its creation".

Also for the record, Animism is not a single religion. It's a broad category involving hundreds of different religions and cults that don't really have anything in common with each other.

some scholars classify animism as an "informal" world religion, for all animistic beliefs share similar concepts and can be categorized similarly, although there is no universal doctrine, however the practices have universal themes

Well, having looked at Emprworm's initial quotes, I found that one command was not talking to humans at all, and another seemed to be completely different to the text he gave when I looked up the surah. The third just talked about distrusting chritians and jews and had nothing to do with violence, so I didn't think it worth bothering. Having found an online qu'ran, I;ll keep looking.