Some thoughts for the staff

I recently started playing EBFD, so I am a newbie. I am a 48 yr old business owner. I thought this would be somthing good to do with my kid, and a neighbor (who is a big time gamer) well he loves the game, and constantly kicks my ass. SO I did a little poking around on the web and found this site, hoping to learn some strategy, which has been a big help. although the question of which server to use is a problem, and as for the server being down, we just ran 100 ft. of cat5 cable between our houses (problem solved) we all want to get good enough playing each other so that we can play against others on line. I checked out the newbie guide, which was good. But I am puzzled by the links, Shiroko's FAQ's was a lot of help, Empworm's strategies... Well at first it denied acess but with a little poking around i got in. the BO guide is good, and i liked all the screenshots. But le-wish's statistics webpage tried to drop a trojan into my system. (PSW.Bispy.B)which is very uncool. If I want to test my system i'll go to grc.com, After reading a lot of the forum I think that obtaining new blood should be a high priority. We are busy "Obtaining" cd's for friends.

Welcome aboard Im not as old as you but not to far away behind you ;) Look me up we can play some games  against these young & cocky punks 8)

Hope you & your son enjoy playing EBFD online (wwis server) since westwood server is down.

Sarbaukar

100 ft from house to house....hell yeahhhh...that sounds like when i was a child, and me and my neighbour try to built and simulate a telefon....*lol*....cool....thats the enthusiasm, wich emp needs.....u r welcome...

but try to came online (xwis), coz i was playing LAN games to bevore i get online, and be sure.....thats realy another kind of playing.

KALONY

Thanks, Sarbaukar, after we get good enough that the game lasts more than 1 minute we will. When I posted my first message yesterday I had just come in from the road (I travel a lot with my job) I wanted to look up some more strategy tips. The point of the post that I failed to make was that this site is very helpfull, as was shiroko's. But if the other sites make you jump through hoops just to view them, or try to hack your system, then why have the links to them on this site?

There is a make-do server made by one of our fellow forumer.It's called XWIS server and info on it and the download for it can be found somewhere here...

I can get you some Empy CDs,some that were sent to me but I do not play anymore,and they are in good condition.Can send them to you.:) Let me know.

To Loweezee, Thanks, but I have it taken care of, in my first post by "obtaining" I meant making dupes, which is easy to do for EBFD. I did not know if the post would be Censored if I said that.

So now my neighbor and I are going to introduce some friends to EBFD with a five cd set. four game, plus one I made up with all the map packs, fan maps, xwis  map packer, inst. fix etc. plus the program that lets my game cd's run on any machine (normally when EBFD detects a cd-rw it causes a page fault and crash)( Just as your 'Puter has a unique Mac address, so does media). Where there is a will, there's a way!! And yes when we are not on our Lan set up,(we have 6 'Puters between us) we use xwis, but I still have difficulty getting on the server sometimes. But I will get it figured out.

To Necroticon, No, I run Yahoo Messenger,My IM is gg1k4, You have to live in the Northeast US and be at least as old as me to know what that one stands for.  ;)( It's one of my other hobbies) I will try to update my profile soon. And thanks for the replys.

Hi Andrew, go to emperor- child boards- emperor strategy- the second post- newbie guide- page 1 scroll down to-

Websites

Le-Swish's Statistics- when you click on the page link a box pops up, I assumed it was to enable me to read a spreadsheet or something, that dropped the trojan onto my system.

Shiroko's FAQ's- Good help, good reading, I printed the whole thing and take it with me on the road.

Emprworm Strategies- Just click on the link and see if you get into the site. I got in, but not without work. What's the point in that? It's a 'Puter game, not real war.

Hi Andrew, go to emperor- child boards- emperor strategy- the second post- newbie guide- page 1 scroll down to-

Websites

Le-Swish's Statistics- when you click on the page link a box pops up, I assumed it was to enable me to read a spreadsheet or something, that dropped the trojan onto my system.

Shiroko's FAQ's- Good help, good reading, I printed the whole thing and take it with me on the road.

Emprworm Strategies- Just click on the link and see if you get into the site. I got in, but not without work. What's the point in that? It's a 'Puter game, not real war.

i said it once i say it again .. best learning experience is to get an elite player to teach you the best/current BO's in a practice 1vs1

Websites

Wow, I'm quite surprised you found that! I made that quite a while ago. Anyways, welcome aboard to dune2k, and enjoy your stay. I hope to be seeing you. I would love to playe you and everything, but it turns our my E:BFD is down, I could get it up and maybe I can open up my good ol' 11 Yeat Old Woop-ass on you. After-all, I did buy the game when I was around 8 years old.