Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo

Dunenewt

I played it on the weekend, since I had gotten it with a PCGamer.  Admittedly, I wasn't expecting much, because UT2K3 was so sub-par (UT was so much better).  But this game was quite good.  Convoy was especially fun, although it didn't have any drivable vehicles.  That scorpion buggy with that energy lasso and bladed "wings" was really cool.

• 2 months later...

maybe?... i know that there is a way in 2003 to play with 1 vehicle which looks like an early version of the leviathan in 2004.... if you havent heard of this all you have to do is play the full version of 2003 play a game and in the game press the in game menu button the little ~ key.  then type in open vehicledemo. then a map loads which is a very small not very graphicly amazing map that has a vehicle in it.... to get the vehicle walk over to a symbol on the ground its a switch or if i remember right its a symbol of a vehicle... walk over on to it and the vehicle will drop from the sky... you can get into just like in Ut2k4 by pressing the use key (e) and it shoots rockets or something.

anyway, i think that ut2k4 is a much better game than 2k3.... onslaught is my favorite game by far.. and it has all of the games that 2k3 had and all of the same weapons that have had a new look added to them, plus a few more weapons like a sniper rifle and spider mine layer and sticky grenade launcher..... i love this game

The vehicle from UT2K3 can be seen in the onslaught level with with convoy.  It's the green buggy that's always moving around.

UT2K4 has all of the models and levels from UT2K3.  In fact, the only thing that's in 2K3 but not 2K4, aside from some of the weapon models (the link gun and ASMD were changed), are the menus.  ;)

Onslaught is quite fun, but I often like playing Assault without the directives.  I just edit out the connection between two of the nodes so that no one can ever win, and play as deathmatch with vehicles for a while.

yes yes 2k4 has all the bells, whistles, pullies, and flashing lights. But I just don't like the gameplay and movement physics. They made it more "noob friendly" which I dont like. In 2k3 it was possible to master movement in such away that only the most skilled of players even had a chance of hitting you. Now they revamped the movement and made it more limited. I dunno, I just feel in 2k3 there was a bigger difference between the skilled player and the average noobie, which I liked since putting in the extra time, should put you one step higher above everyone else.