long time no see everyone....

xenogear74

What's up everybody, i don't know how it happened but some how i lost track of this wonderful board and just stumbled back seeing how much i missed is annoying to say the least!

but, i come back with a story of success for Dune. my buddy would always rip on me for being such a sci-fi dork, specificlly Dune. He couldn't fathom why i could have such devotion for a series of books that deal with giant worms and people wearing skin tight bathrooms (i kid you not he said this) WELL, i won a bet and he was forced to read the first Dune and much to my delight/his dismay he came by after finishing it and asked me, "there's more, right?" This completely made my day, and kinda inspired me to write tonight.

as fans of this amazing work, i think it's partially our duty to get people to read these books, to realize what an experience it is to truly step out onto Arrakis for the first time and let yourself get lost in its magic. in a day and age where life seems to be getting harder and harder, where religion is being introduced into the way we live to dictate HOW we live, where people simply can't dream anymore; novels and works like Dune can help. I know for a fact at least for me Dune helped inspire me to take a look around, examine what is around me, do something about where I am in life and more so be able to dream about a better future.

So if your buddy makes a bet with you, bet Dune. If your teenage kids are asking what books you would reccomend, reccomend Dune. I realize this is completely sappy, over the top and otherwise pointless, but I really had to get it off of my chest.

*whew* i prolly left alot out there, but whatever, i hope some of this has made some sort of sense, and if not, well, flame away kiddies haha.  :D :-X

Everyone stock up on Dune books and hand them out in church, sport games, at the waterfountain thing at work, etc.

No one should be without a Dune book.

Welcome back. Glad you converted someone, only >5 billion people left!

I Don't think Dune made me look around much, just made me read more and more. and more dune stuff too.

I tried getting a couple people to watch FHD, but they ended chatting away during it, and it went horribly.

Welcome back, Xenogear.  Good work on converting your friend!  ;)

It's funny you should mention that now, actually.  I recently got one of my friends to read Dune.  I guess I annoyed her because i was always talking about it.  Although I don't think we'll be seeing her on this board anytime soon, she did admit that it was a good book, and she may read some of its sequels sometime.  Although she probably just said that to shut me up...

I have tried to sow the seeds of dune truth to my friends, but they are all lazy bastards.lol especially my girlfriends, they never want to read em. Though my best friend who is a girl is one of the biggest dune fans I know. She loves Piter too! ;D