Why wont the game work >:(

Zey

I've had the game for a long time now, but it has never worked since i installed Win XP. I've tried it on may systems with XP and when u launch the game, the picture comes up, then just turns stops. I've tried so many different things... direct dx versions, each patch but still cant get it to work. If anyone can help me get the game working it would much be apprecitated...

cheers.

Zey.

mod //

Sorry people, the game is Emperor: Battle for Dune. I;'ve tried 3 different computer spec's:

My Old:

1700XP AMD, 1024mb RAM, GF3

My New:

2500XP AMD, 1024MB RAM, ATI 9600XT 256MB

My Mates:

P4 2.0GHZ, 512MB RAM, GF2 & GF4

I DO have norton antivirus installed, i've tried disabling auto-protection but still does the same. No Firewall

I don't know from which board this has been moved to technical issues although looking at your errors I am guessing you are trying to run Emperor Battle for Dune with WindowsXP and have Norton Antivirus installed or didn't run it in the WinXP backwards compatebilety mode . ..

Do you also have SP1 for WinXP ?

I DO have norton antivirus installed, i've tried disabling auto-protection but still does the same.

Disabling will not work. Try uninstalling Norton and EBFD. Then re-install EBFD and try to play (do not install Norton at this moment). If that works, you can find here the fix in order to run both.