False messages WOL

Cybopache

>:(

I have just got off WOL and there I had an experience I dont understand.I joined a game and started to conversate

with the other players and suddently there were others answering in MY NAME >:(,he was spamming and telling lies in MY NAME >:(

How can that happend?

Is it one of the bugs in the game allowing it?

I don`t find that amusing,so if any one can tell I`ll be glad.

So watch out for players doing that and they should be black listed or ducked.

Cybo

It's not a bug. I've seen this before, people have done it to me, and I know how to do it back. It can be funny when you do it with friends that know you're just joking around!!

Most of the time, nothing good comes out of it though. I won't explain how to do it, for obvious reasons, but if people do it to you and you don't like it, just ask them to stop.

You can easily see who is the one that is trying to impersonate you by looking at who sent the message before the 'spoof' message.

I simply blacklist those kind of people. I don't duck them. If they page me I ignore them. If they enter my rooms, I give them the boot. Sooner or later, they get fed up and move on.