Please don't blame me for making this thread

Terror

Oh boy, they have just done it. CoD was released on DVD here and so i bought it asap. I only watched the first 100 minutes now... but oh man... i'm addicted as hell.

What the fuck? This movie (well at least the messiah part, haven't seen the rest yet) is the best i've seen... ever. Not special effects wise or anything. But i just loved the characters, the evil ones too.

The acting in this movie is amazing, i just couldn't bare seeing people die. In that part where Korba, the reverant mother, Chani and later on Paul all die, i almost gave tears to the dead. Man, seeing Chani die was heartbreaking. Even seeing Edric die was a pain. Only Bijaz's death was pleasant actually.

Also the scene where Paul tells Irulan that he has been cruel to her is heartbreaking. I realy felt pity for her, such a lovely girl.

I can't believe it. Actors that were decent in FH's dune, have turned into great actors and many of the new actors are incredible. And the new actors are all amazing. I was little shocked to see that Liet has become Korba ;) . But he did a great job so that i did nto think like... ah that's Liet Kynes.

No as far as i've een it... best movie i've seen so far...

I have to agree with vanny guard. but in my opinion, In almost every instance, flashbacks at the end of movies are tacky, including the one seen in COD. Another perfect example comes from that horrible movie, Mission to Mars... beh.lol

:D

I agree Flameweaver, the part where everyone is killed to the sounds of some of the most beautiful music on earth... I think I probably did cry a little bit there ;) I consider myself a "romantic" in the classic sense, so the imagery of that was just beautiful to me. It made the movie worth it, all on it's own :) The rest of the movie kicked ass as well though ;) It's an outrage to me that it got beaten for best miniseries by that boring peace of shit "Taken." Never have I seen a more boring, stupid, and god awful ennui-inducing piece of shit in my entire life.

Yeah, i saw the entire CoD now. It's all realy great. When Alia died, my heart broke..

Yeah, i know taken is on canal+ now, haven't seen any of them yet though. But i think that miniseries is pretty good too.

Nonetheless, CoD is IMO the best and it is highly unlikely that any movie anytime soon will beat it. I hope they make a GEOD too.

They're making movies for all of them actually :P Including both Dune 7 novels when they come out. One of the interesting tidbits revealed in my interview with Brian Herbert :)

?

Before CoD was even released Rubenstien admitted that he was having scripts written for all the books. That's nothing new.