Max Payne 2

Andrew

It is out, I just realized.

I was wondering if my computer could play it nicely (like the first one)

I enjoyed max payne very much, and also am wondering if it's worth buying. (if my computer can play it smoothly)

Here are the requirements:

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

1Ghz PIII/Athlon or 1.2Ghz Celeron/Duron processor

32MB AGP graphics card with hardware transform & lighting support

256MB RAM

1.5 GB hard drive space

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

DirectX 9.0

Keyboard and mouse

RECOMMENDED

1.4Ghz Athlon or 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4, Celeron or Duron processor

64MB DirectX 9 compatible AGP graphics card with hardware T&L support

512MB RAM

1.5 GB hard drive space

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

DirectX 9.0

Keyboard and mouse

I can get directx 9, but my video card is what I'm mostly worried about. My direct x is attached. If anyone has the game with a similiar system to me, please tell how it runs and if it is as good as the first Max Payne.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Finland rocks. 8)

And oh. Usually the requirements lie straight to your face. As example; Max Payne (1). The requirements say that the game will never work in my computer, but surprise, surprise. 400 megaherzs, Voodo 3, 226 RAM and blah blah... I put every graphic option to the highest level and it worked fine. No lag at all.

Well, i can indeed say that your cpu and Ram will not be any problem, but i too am worried about your tnt2 card, it is a slower model of the normal riva tnt2 2 32 mb, and has only 32 megabytes. I'm pretty sure it will work, but in order to make it run smooth you will have to turn down a lot of special effects and definetly run it in 16 bit color mode. It would be best if you upgrade it to at least a geforce 3.

and about that T&L. the TNT2 does not have T&L support, so if it's realy required, you can write that came on your chest, cuz it won't run. Get a geforce, preferably a geforce 3 or higher. (Not a geforce 4 mx 440)

Hmm, That sucks, as I don't want to spend more than $100 on a video card for sure.(not yet)

If you can find cheap video cards at www.futureshop.ca or www.staples.ca then I may purchase one since I live next to these stores.

Guess max payne 1 will have to do for a couple of years.(then max payne 3 would be out.)

omg.. i just finished max payne 2 and i almost cried :'( :'( i mean.. what did this guy do that god so fucking hate him??? truly a great game with great engine, and i thought my geforce 4 wont handle it but i played on 1024 x 768 x 32 screen mode on the sharpest textures and it worked just fine...