Emperor Connection Problem

Apollyon

Well, my emp's got a problem (surprise surprise). Whenever I try to play an internet game, it all goes fine up until it tries to connect (you know the blue screen where it says "connecting..."). Once it's here, it completely freezes up. Any ideas what the problem might be?

"Also, have you tried playing without your firewall ? "

I haven't, but surely that wouldn't make it actualy freeze? And I've never had to disable it before.

"Just to be sure, could you post your dxdiag ?"

Certainly. Voila!

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

As many users seem to suffer it, I think it might be related to the recent worm attacks. I've had a lot of users complaining that they suffer freezes/lag/no connection internet related (game wise, or just surfing).

I currently lend my copy of EBFD to Olaf, so I can't try it for you. If you can, try playing Renegade and see if you still experience the same problem.

Post a dxdiag, it might give us some clues. That's a VERY common emperor problem, but it's usually related with memory load and time spent in the lobby. Do you find it's freezing when you've been in a game room typing for a long time (say, 10-20 minutes)?

Nyar is probably right though. It's strange, but there are some days on WOL when EVERYBODY freezes at the connection screen a few times.

I have a feeling its the server alot of us are having the same problem.The only way I can get out of it is by switching it off at the wall.I cant even Ctrl & ESC.

Some games work some dont,Ive only encountered it in last 2 weeks of playin emp.