listen up newbies

shygirl4

just want to put you newbies straight on two points ...: dune2000 is windows xp home and profesional compatable , as long as you update all your drivers , and get the latest patches from windows update , your dune2000 will work ....

2nd point , 16 bit graphics DO NOT WORK ON LINE , so newbies like ghosthunter who insits on playing on 16 bit graphics becouse he as a nVidea graphics card , is crashing every game he joins , it doesn`t matter what video card you have (i have nVidea FX5200) you can only play dune2000 online with 8 bit graphics

???

yes we have all made that mistake before duke of playing on 16 bit .. maybe you should edit your post duke as it looks like your recomending 16 bit , when as im sure you are aware that 16 bit does not play on-line , maybe you would like to refare to westwood`s Q&A for comfirmation of this ,or better still listen to someone who has played on-line for many years.

shygirl4

:)Yo, ShyGirl, I think you can help me. I'm very new. But I've played the game to completion on level 9 as Atreides and Harkonnen at home. I want to play online. Have a dell pentium 4, windows xp. I've tried before to play online via westwood...no luck. Please tell me how to get started playing online. Thanks.

this is a topic Shygirl4 made about it a while back.

Basically to play Dune2000 online you will need the V1.06 patch for it, together with Rotorzconn. Your grafics need to be on 8 bit and you will need a Westwood online acount. If you havn't got the last you will be prompted for one when you log in I think.

Ofcourse the above and a computer connected to the internet and with the TCP/IP protocol installed.

thx gryphon :)

hi aralin just follow the post that gryphon has left and you will get on-line , just a little update news for you though , after you install RC 8.9 , download the update patch 9.1 , its a lot of fun playing dune2000 online , and you can even team up with other players and play against the AI ,

hope to see you there

shygirl4 :O

• 2 weeks later...