a thought

TMA_1

A thought

too bored to listen, I look at a butterfly outside the window. The same old "intellectual" babble coming from the professor is quaint, but frankly unrevealing. They told me that college would be a bastion of free thinking, and that I might "come out of my shell" there. All it has been so far though is a regurgitation of the information I have already recieved since the 6th grade. At least then I had the freedom to think without worries or responsibilities. I am to sit in my computer chair and accept that I am a failure. at least that is what they think. Because I hated math, and thought science to be redundant knowledge, I was rejected and blacklisted. I guess I just dont like any kind of false dogma. dogma that people unwittingly follow.

A few days ago I met a poor soul with this problem. He chose to hold to the trendy title of "buddhist". even though he had been one for four years, he still never knew what the dhrama pardon was. I recently asked him why he was such a hypocrite, because he had just bought five hundred stocks of the general motors company. He gave me a vague expression of wonderment and walked off, never even understood what I meant. another man I dispised and good example was an old decrepid teacher of mine. He never liked me, and I obviously recipricated that feeling soon into our odd relationship. He held sternly to specific theories and educated guesses. Of course I didnt say anything, but always snickered at him for his blaitent disregard for the scientific method.

Dogma is everywhere, and the saddest thing is this that we think of ourselves as enlightened! people dye their hair blue and say "this is who I really am!" Well amazing, I have never heard of a natural blue-headed jackass. And just yesterday I watched a girl that was wearing revealing attire yell at a man for treating her as a "mere object". My God! It is just so rampent! you dont have to be smart to see this, I am not, and it is just flowing in front of me.

Since I brought up the name of God, I guess I should express myself on the subject. I saw an evangelist that was preaching against women wearing sexy outfits, and children rebelling against parents. He said that they were trash, and to never associate with the likes of them. After whining about all of this moral decay, he drove the bmw home to his mansion. hmmm...

Just because many evangelists are crooks and habitual sinners doesnt mean that liberal thinking christians should get away with anything. Some of the funniest things I have ever heard came from the Jesus Seminar. Humbly conviening to discuss the pressing issues of various themes, talking of the long termed "historical jesus". They make fools of themselves by stripping away the faith of christianity. They never understand though that the whole point of being a christian is "believing not by sight, but by every word that proceeds out of the lord's mouth." ahh, it shouldnt be amusing, but it is, I cant help it.