Idea for a Self-Contribution fanfic

lowzeewee

plan to start an RTS/Role-Playing Fanfic on my forum. Here are the 2 factions that I have thought of.I plan to have 3-5.

1)Steel Clan-These mercenary fighters of old have decided to form an alliance named 'Steel Clan' aptly to honour the strong material that all the massive, one-minded units are partly or solely made of. The Steel Clan is focused on brute force, endurance and armor that is as tough as their willpower to wipe all other factions off the face of the Earth.Though they are robots, they are not as high-tech as you expect them to be. They seek the metal minerals and a secret substance unknown to anybody else other than the leader of the Steel Clan, Auxillary B317, not even his right-hand men.

2)Human alliance-Like you guessed, almost every war located on Earth has to be about Humans.Humans. The alliance forged between the terrorists, militants and soldiers of Earth has to be forced to stand strong in order to rid of the enemy factions who are trying to base themselves on Earth. They are the rightful inhabitants of planet Earth and will fight to the death to get freedom. Their units are versatile and are skilful when it comes to fighting an equal strength opposition. They are easily overwhelmed by larger enemy numbers.

I am gonna create an army of orcs,elves,dwarves,giants,gargoyles,golems,trolls,ogres,goblins,dinosaur,undead,taurens,fiends,ancients[trees],elements,and from outer space allying with theem are the aliens.Each small race contributing 1 unit.

OK. Please give ideas on what the other remaining 1/2 faction(s) should be and what their units and buildings are like and give comments on the Steel Clan and Human Alliance and the "orcs,etc." faction descriptions and also contribute what the name of the "orcs,etc." faction should be.

Just a suggestion, change the steel clan around some. with all the other sides u listed, there looks like some other people that would fit that description better than robots.

If you want to have robots, I recomend having a robot army similer to that in the terminator series. kinda high tech, but no real personallity or anything, not even a cool name like "steel clan" The thing is, with an army like that, not having a cool name is cool

Thanks Scrinlord but in the year 2031 in which the battle takes place, the robots have developed their own way of thinking and have some sort of "brains" and the thing is that having a terminator-series-like robot army would limit their variety of units that they have.For every race,I plan 14-17 units.

I decided that that all the sides will be:

1.Human Alliance

2.Steel Clan

3.United Earth Warriors[elfs,goblins,etc.-->all the old inhabitants of Earth coming back to "help" Earth]

4.Undead Scourge

5.Universal Elite Guards[Aliens]

are you starting this here on this thread?

Since I dont know exactly what you are planning, I will just start throwing out Ideas and suggestions if I may. If I say something that contradicts what you were originally thinking, dont take it personally, its just an idea, and you dont have to listen to it. I know that some people take ideas as a personal affront, so I promise I am not trying to be disrespectful. Likewise, is you dont want me commenting on your story, and you would rather do it yourself, just say: "Scrinlord, shut the hell up!" and I will do so.

1st suggestion: Its really cool that you want to have elves and stuff there, but make it plausable. I dont know exactly how you were planning on implimenting them, but if this is the year 2031, it would be kinda funny to see an elf pop out of a tree with a bow and arrow and get hosed by a plasma rifle. My recomendation for the elves, is that they are kinda low tech, (WW2 era weapons) but that they can use magic and can use swords really well, and when combinded with magic, certain elf units may be able to decimate enemy infantry colums with swords. But most UEW units would be more low tech, similer to GLA or NOD in the CnC games

2nd: So for the Steel clan, are you thinking something more like the thinking machines in the butlerian jihade(sp)? That would be pretty cool too. And I recoment changing the name from Steel Clan, to something involving the word Hoard. The word Hoard is just cool. SOMETHING has to have that word. My recomentdation is either the Steel Hoard(or soemthing similer) or the martian hoard. of course it is you call, but whatever.

3rd. I dont know how you were planning on doing it, but most people when they sat "Martian" imply a technilogically advanced race of invaders. I recomend against this, as the Steel clan already kinda fills this niche. If I was going to do aliens, I would make aliens similer to how they were in the movie Aliens. that would be somethin else that you dont seem to have yet.

Like I said, these are just suggestions, and you can take them or leave them, whatever you want. Just tell me to shut up if you think i am being an ass or something.

Thank You Very Much for your generous suggestions and comments,Scrinlord.I openly accept any suggestions,even a suggestion from navaros is accepted.

*AHEM AHEM Terms and Conditions apply for him AHEM AHEM*.

Now back to the story,I might start a thread on this board or something,definite not on my forum as it is too sparsely populated.Oops,still not the story. :-[

Here is the story for the United Earth Warriors.

After a few thousand years of hiding in Gargantua,the land proclaimed "Bermuda Triangle" by the human race,all the races,unwillingly living in forced-harmony together,have decided to come out of their "ancient" "bomb shelter" to claim more land and reclaim their motherland they formerly ruled over gloriously for millions of years before man had stepped on Earth and chased them into the Atlantic ocean.Few survived but their population is now going strong at over 127 million beings in total for all 12 races who inhabit Gargantua.

Their weaponery is medieval but just a little less than adequate for light combat.But with the mighty,virtually invulnerable out-of-the-blue dinosaurs and dragons,they are a fearsome relatively small but highly-mobile army to watch out for.They have divine magic to assist their frontline troops who have just developed gunpowder which they have totally no interest in using in place of their magic and old metal weapons.

They are rarely noticed by the other races as they swiftly make their way across the world,slowly winning battle by battle and getting even more lands in honour of their nature mother goddess

Thanks!.I am now working on the Undead, and after this the Aliens!!!HAHAHA!Anyone can spare me an idea for the aliens?Please include tesla,flame and lasers for their weapons pls. ;)

This is a short summary of the undead.

In 1981,a secret operation codenamed "Holy Light" was carried out by the elite troops hailing from the western hemisphere to rid of all voo-doo or any activity that they deemed "unclean" by their standards.Many troops fell on both sides and the casualty list for each side increased by the hour totalling 233 victims for the United States while eventually the supremacy of the air fighters and bombers still reigned over the primitive "dark magic" forces and over a few thousand "dark magicians" and their "supporting spellcasters" were slained but still a handful survived including their shadowy leader and his followers who raised their fallen comrades AND the americans back to life to avenge their failure to defend their glorious "unholy" land. It is only now after 50 years that this secret has been revealed to the public.

Little is known about their army but they have been seen using World War 2 Panzers and Artilleries that were left behind in Egypt since the germans led by Erwin "Desert Fox" Rommel and his forces were defeated and have since been reportedly reproducing those vechicles in Central and Eastern Africa where they are currently based in.

Per annum they "receive" around 10 million "applications" from people who want to be "recruited" for a "bad cause" which has since the 1981 "Holy light" operation amounted to 500 million and is even more massive than the human alliance forces and equivalent to all the other 4 factions' armies combined but their soldiers do not have skin,flesh or blood, just a skeleton.

Someone help me in designing alien race civillian workers,military units and structures and a little description for them please,I will add you into the "credits" when it is done and posted somewhere in FED2K.

***Update***:The undead now only needs 7-8 more sea and air units and a hero-commander unit[something like a hero of Warcraft 3] or 2 or even 3 for them...

You can still give ideas on undead anytime you want and I might incoporate the ideas in.

The aliens are arrogant, strong and look like what you expect aliens to be like---more eyes,limbs,etc. and possibly distorted and strange physical features---

They will mainly use extremely hi-tech unique ammunition/weapons like lasers,electricity or strange gooey stuff loaded in strange guns[if any] but still use bullets,flame or other weapons used by the Humans,Robots and Undead.

They claim to be the elite guards given the duty of protecting the universe and should suppress anyone or anything that doesn't seem to please them by all means and all costs,even if it means losing many of their own race's lifes.

Ok, I will start on the Alien stuff. I will be gone for about a week, but I will prolly be able to check the site here. You just want me to make a bunch of stuff up for them? like what they are, where they come from, technology, units and stuff like that? I will post what I got when I get back.

And as for the undead, my thought was to make them so that they dont really have any modern type technology, but make them instead more sinister, or scary, using very primitive weapons, and the fact that they are in fact undead being their main defense. I was thinking of not having them participating in many real battles, but always on the edge of conflict, or otherwise influencing the war. And when they do have to fight, only certain weapons will affect them, because they are either spectral or already dead, so most things wont hurt them, it would take special weapons, perhaps plasma or something to kill one with one shot.

I like the idea of a massive undead army, like you were talking about, but I personally can see more cool storyline stuff happening if you keep them in the shadows, and when they are heard of, they do not have tanks and guns, but they defeated there opponents with swords and black magics and primitive stuff like that.

I just had a cool scene pop into my head. the Humans send a battleship accros the ocean to aid the war in Europe. A week later, all communication with the ship ceases. They send out more people to search for the ships, and all they find is one lone survivor, in a drift boat, muttering incoherantly something about "blah blah blah Pirate Ship blah bhal blah couldnt touch them blah blah blah" and at the last recorded position of the ship, there is nothing there, except for an unusually thick patch of fog.

Maybe that looked cooler in my head than it does on paper, but it would still be cool

Ok, I will start on the Alien stuff. I will be gone for about a week, but I will prolly be able to check the site here. You just want me to make a bunch of stuff up for them? like what they are, where they come from, technology, units and stuff like that?

Yup.Get them here anytime you want.Thanks! ;)

And as for the undead, my thought was to make them so that they dont really have any modern type technology, but make them instead more sinister, or scary, using very primitive weapons, and the fact that they are in fact undead being their main defense.

As for the undead,I have decided to reedit the units and introduced some necromancing and soul possesion stuff but I might and most likely will still keep the World War 2 weapons for them as it seems quite fun as in using rusty and going-to-fall-apart units.And thanks for your idea,I will make them as sinister and scary as possible.Should the infantry be skeletons,rotting corpses or reanimated full flesh-and-bones units but without limbs/body parts or even skin? :O

Though they are weak,their pricetag and maintainence value[something like food limit in Warcraft 3] are just as "weak".

I think that they should just be resurected, falling apart things. The older the unit is/was, the more degeneration it should have on it. If you pull up a body that you just barly killed, it should be fairly whole, but if you pull up a body that has been dead 20 yrs, it should be half gone.

And I would recomend personally against having an upkeep feature, as in WC3, because everybody hates that, I have never found someone who likes the upkeep. Or the food limit, that was really annoying too, but that is personal preferance I guess.

It will be like you start off with some countries in earth with only civillians from there,you choose a hero and you start building stuff like in Warcraft 3 but there will also be a lot of stuff to handle like citizens,social disorder,etc. in the empire so its like a mix of WC3,Civ3,RoN and Simcity but I will mainly incoporate our own ideas in.I will give more details later.

Just do the designs and layouts now.

You also can tell me what kind of game would be best suitable.

Internet post game.Hopefully in the near future someone can help me develop it into a popular computer game and sell it and I earn money from the royalty and...voila! ;D

OK for the undead,I do not know what kind of hero-commanders to design...I need help!

Unit for undead(name undecided):

Basically it's a "blob" of dead bodies, attacted by a central core(still thinking what may be the core)you may picture it as those slime-like monsters in RPGs, but replace the slime with rotting dead bodies and body parts.

The unit acts as a meat shield/suicide bomber. It moves at the front of the undead army, eating up the bullets and shells, and overrun enemy troops, "absorbing" them.

When surrounded by a huge army or used in siege against buildings, it may cover the building, then self destruct, acting as a bomb...

Size may range from a tank to a aircraft carrier. Weak vs fire(i.e. flamethrowers, napalm bombs)

Undead hero unit, The Wrath

The unit is composed of the spirits of fallen leaders(e.g. Attila...Hitler...Saddam...name more yourself). Picture something like a ringwraith for it's appearence...

When the unit's in action, thick mist would fill the battlefield. Units in contact with the mist would die a terrible and painful death, in which blood and flesh would explode and gush out of the victim's sockets(mouth...eyes...nostrils...etc...), leaving a empty body. The body would then be controlled by the mist, returning to it's full capability before death, only under controll of The Wrath.

Weakness:Still thinking= ="

For aliens...I dunno, but add in something with tentacles is a must...

The unit is composed of the spirits of fallen leaders(e.g. Attila...Hitler...Saddam...name more yourself). Picture something like a ringwraith for it's appearence...

You mean 1 hero composing of all the heroes' spirits?Hmmm...that sounds hard to implement but damn cool.Thanks a million for your ideas!

hey, that sounds pretty cool.

I was just thinking, I was going to try to learn how to MOD CNC generals for some projects I want to do, If we can figure out how to mod it, we could make one version of the game for Generals,,,

I don't really do modding... ::)

Anyway,I created a few ideas...

-The humans will ally the ancient races after hearing about a prophecy and the undead will attack the human ships carrying people who believe in the main character's dream of meeting with the prophet[who tells them to meet and hide with the elves without saying why] and decide to travel to meet the ARs in their homeland,Gargantua a.k.a Bermuda Triangle and the ships and casualties will rise as the undead and attempt to attack the alliance forces. And the alliance forces will fight side-by-side and win successfully and from then on,they will form a bond and eventually crush the undead,steel clan and aliens and rebuild earth together in return for the elves to replenish all the natural resources[oil!!!] in the earth to start anew.