Map Special Values

mvi

This looks very interesting, does this mean you can build your own custom mission maps?

Absolutely.

this is going to be it!. in week or two we might get  excellent map editor .. when events and triggers get revealed then we might be do anyhing.  we must wait

It's going to be more than a week or two, I won't even be able to start properly on the campaign map editor until I'm back at the studio I work at in Yorkshire, and then it will take me a few weeks to develop properly. However, it would be massively helpful to have all the special indexes by then.

good.. i think theres somewhere on map file house control. it must be in it.  because i edited the file in middle of it i edited  the 07v1 as is best for editing as example. in mis file i know my position , so it has to be same  with map file . howewer value is differ you can see. .. when i do it again i will upload  both mis and map file.  because  by searching modified file and  orginal you can find differences.  and these differences can be used  sooner. .. in harkonnen map h7v1 you can find value ee58 . if you edit it contents of whole ee58 to 02 . you get and ordos base iinstead of harkonnen.  if you dont have  ee58 value in map file (im not talking about mis files!!!) make the mission on large map put for both ai and you  good bases. little fortify them and then  try.  

i can confirm that you can takeover an ai base . if you replace your values with  ai values  you get their bulgins/units .  .. i will try to  do this for harkonnen mission 5 to see if i can take-over ordos caryyal reinforcements . since  these reinforcements are  linked with specified house. it wont be problem to  mixture that.

You can't change a single byte in a map file and change multiple buildings, changing a special index to 02 would result in thick spice being on that tile (and changing the other byte would result in a different tile image.) Presumably you edited a mission file.

not exacly..  on  both missions map files  on right down corner i put a wall. .. since it has no any color on radar screen and it was on black tile, it appear to be unknown.

by editing mis files you can change  your alliegance and other stuff. and  you can made yourself controllable by ai. .. it was fun as ai was  building base without my any help. ..

i had put an  hex offset for mis file on other topic  how to gain this. but its gone , i will look in file again . i remember that    players were allocated to number , in mission ordos 7  near FF FF FF FF stuff  your number is 6. replacing it to any result  in allocating you into ai control

got it  

b2a8  in prac.mis it should be number 6.  replace to 5.  you can do it in ordos mission 7 to see  it yourself----- for skirmish u cant have it  since  you cant have  campagin file in skirmish. otherwise ai wotn build any structure

for prac file look for  value 1 on top of  FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

look for value 1e18.

not exacly..  on  both missions map files  on right down corner i put a wall. .. since it has no any color on radar screen and it was on black tile, it appear to be unknown.

by editing mis files you can change  your alliegance and other stuff. and  you can made yourself controllable by ai. .. it was fun as ai was  building base without my any help. ..

i had put an  hex offset for mis file on other topic  how to gain this. but its gone , i will look in file again . i remember that    players were allocated to number , in mission ordos 7  near FF FF FF FF stuff  your number is 6. replacing it to any result  in allocating you into ai control

It's not unknown, it's very much known, it's a black tile. Check the shaihulud tileset renders.

You originally said you edited map files, not mission files.

Updated with Daxx's values for Emperor/Fremen and Ordos. There seems to be some ambiguity with the Emperor values, and some of the Ordos values appear to be in the Hark range, but hopefully this can be ironed out.

Could someone please convert this data to an Excel spreadsheet please? With a column for the index, a column for its house, a column for what it is, and a column describing how much of the map it takes up (see below)

How much of the map it takes up:

1 - takes up 1x1

2 - takes up 2x3

3 - takes up 3x3

4 - takes up 3x3 with one on top middle (e.g. Ix)

Updated with Daxx's values for Emperor/Fremen and Ordos. There seems to be some ambiguity with the Emperor values, and some of the Ordos values appear to be in the Hark range, but hopefully this can be ironed out.

Could someone please convert this data to an Excel spreadsheet please? With a column for the index, a column for its house, a column for what it is, and a column describing how much of the map it takes up (see below)

How much of the map it takes up:

1 - takes up 1x1

2 - takes up 2x3

3 - takes up 3x3

4 - takes up 3x3 with one on top middle (e.g. Ix)

ill do it when i get the time.