Bunch O' Stuff

Gobalopper

Well I can't leave all of June with just one news post so Bunch O' Stuff is back.

Even though there hasn't been much action on the news front the site has still been fairly busy. The forums, as usual, are where you will find most of it as we near the big 10,000 topic milestone and have already passed 175,000 messages.

Our long awaited server move should be coming relatively soon. It is now finally nearing completion with our mail server already moved and, if all goes well, the website following within the next week. More details as the day nears.

The last poll has come to an end with most of the voters not having seen the CoD miniseries yet. For those of you who voted that way be sure to pick up a copy on DVD or watch for reruns over the summer. Take a look at our latest poll which asks what your plans are for buying CoD now that it has been released on video.

To see the results of the last poll and all our other previous polls stop by the poll archive.

Some of you may have already noticed this but I've been working on a new tournament ladder for Emperor with the help of Olaf. Olaf has created a lot of great programs for other WW games, all of which you can find at his website, one of those being a program called XCL. XCL was originally created to combat cheaters in Red Alert 2 allowing players to use an alternate ladder system to report their games and providing more controls like blacklisting chronic cheaters.

With help from Olaf we've now got a working XCL Proxy program that you can run in the background while playing a game of Emperor online and have it reported to our ladder. For all the details be sure to check out the Our Own WOL? thread in the forums. The basic rules are that you need to start the game with 6000 credits, 5 units, and a pre-built base. The first month or so will likely involve lots of testing to ensure that the points system is working correctly so be sure to play as many games as you can and then check the results on our Emperor Ladder page to ensure they are accurate. If you find any problems be sure to let me know.

And finally just a quick note to say that I will be heading out on vacation Saturday and will be gone until July 8th. I will still stop by the site every so often and will check my email as often as possible. I won't be completely out of the loop but don't expect much to get done while I'm away.

Well, a lot of the stuff you've been posting isn't really news per say, and the stuff that is is a few months out of date and no longer applicaple, thats why it isn't updated on the main page.

• 2 weeks later...