Atreides battle against Guild

Mort

Hmm.

I'm on the last Atreides mission, against the Harkonen (ie, I defeated their area on Arrakis, and their stronghold on their own planet), and now I'm on the mission where I'm against the Guild, the Harkonen, and the Ordos, trying to destroy some Emperor Worm.

This is possibly the hardest mission I've come up against so far, and I was just wondering if anyone had any useful tips or hints for this one, as I keep getting totally destroyed, after a few successful waves of defense.

Cheers.

Mort.

heres a trick i did there. :)

only thing is i think you might have to start with a sonic tank for it to work.. wich is random. i think. :-/

get the projecter run it here and there. just get it to the worm at the same to <lower the game speed if you have to> send the MCV over the the rock and deploy get the projecter to the side of the worm the fremen attacked.

now get him to the side order him to deploy duplecate some sonic/guildNIBA tanks kill the worm with them has fast as you can also with the guild NIBA tanks you might can avoide some of the guild flyers shots..

it took me a few trys but it can be done. 8) ;D

ok... here's how i did it: (may not be the best way to tackle the mission though).

THE LONG & FUN METHOD:

unload you apcs.... u should get some veteren infantry. use these to return to your barracks. that way you'll be able to train elite snipers and kindjal!

Build up your base defense the usual way... taking advantage of the elite kindjal/snipers bonus. Build a fremen camp.. as well as a sard barracks and create some of each unit.

Now build an Ix building and build 5-8 projectors.

Deploy them in an area where they are safe from enemy units/fire. Usually inside your base or on the top left of the map. Now keep pumping out loads of units and project as many fremen/sards as u can and keep advancing them to attack/defend.

Its best to take out the the Hark base on the bottom left first. Better still, capture the buildings with engineers. that way, you'll have wider variety of units to build.

Once that is done, project loads of sard elites and use them to destroy those tleilaxu turrets on the cliff tops. As these turrets are destroyed along the way.. advance your units forward... kindjal, snipers, vehicles etc.

Rememebr that you're constantly projecting units. If these projectors get destroyed, keep building more and replace them. Keep moving, destroying, capturing bases.. until u reach the emperor... then throw everything u got at it.

Its also quite fun to have a go at capturing the Guild Cannon and its surrounding buildings. May take a few attempts tho cos they're well guarded by hark units - So save the game every so often under different file names so u can load up old ones to retry.

THE QUICK AND NOT AS FUN METHOD:

Follow the first few tips on defending base and creating proj tanks to project sards and fremen to defend areas surround your base.

Deal with the Hark base however u want.

Make minos & sonic tanks. Transport them, via adv. carryall to the emperor worm, whilst avoiding those pesky turrets - destroy some with sard eiltes if need be. Drop vehicles in front of worm.. Then fire away.

Most people complicate this mission a lot more than it should be, and most of what they say to do to Win will not be able to be executed properly by newbies.

Here is what you do that will actually WORK for *you*:

1.  Use Ix projections of Minos to defended your base.

2. Do not even bother trying to attack the Hark or Ordos base.  If you do, chances are you will lose the mission, and there is no point in doing so.

3. Kill the turrets that are in the way of the Guild Canon.  You need to get and Advanced Carryall, load an APC with Engineers, then pick up the APC full of Engineers with your Advanced Carryall.  Drop the APC right in front of the Guild Canon, unload your APC, and send an Engineer into the Guild Canon.   You will capture it, and it will be destroyed, which is okay because as long as it's out of your face, that's all that matters.  If you can't get your Advanced Carryall to the Guild Canon, remember you may have to kill a few enemy turrets in your way first.  Once you do that, it's easy to get your Advanced Carryall over there.

4.  Build Fremen Fedaykin.   By far, the easiest way to Win this mission for newbies is to use Fedaykin.   Get like 15 Fedaykin, and move them to the Emperor Worm.  Note: you MUST watch them the whole time, and make sure they do not bump into any enemy units because if they lose their invisibility they will die.   Carefully move them to the Emperor Worm, and attack it.   As long as you put an Engineer in the Guild Canon before you attack, you will Win the mission.

Woo. I used a combination of all that, more or less, and had a lot of fun destroying the ridiculously huge waves of Harkonnen tanks. I did get a bit shocked when suddenly the timer came up (as I'd sort of forgotton I had to get rid of that worm), but the carryall+fremen technique worked a treat. Cheers!

Also, I take it that if I had attacked house Ordos, I would still get to the same level? I was presuming that once I had eliminated the Harkonnen, I'd then have to take out the Ordos.